Fatherly Fail Part 18

From afar, Francis grasped his gun unto his hands as he stumbled to the direction where Jason and his sister went while the other men ran after them passing him.

Hearing some gunshots, he was still certain the four of them are alive.

Finding himself see Danielle jump down off the man's back, he shakily aimed his gun at Anthony.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

At Anthony?

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Sprinting towards Anthony leaving Ian behind her, she quickly tries to jump on Anthony and land on the other side with her brother.

But that was the expected thing to happen.

A few meters away Anthony, Danielle caught Francis aiming his gun at the corner of her eyes. By then, as she reached him, a loud gun shot was heard.

.

.

.

.

The girl drops to the grassy dirt.

The other visitors' screams and panic continue, but from where they are, everything fell in silence.

Anthony quickly kneels down beside her and Ian catches up.

"D-Danielle?! Don't close your eyes! Whatever happens don't close your eyes!" Anthony softly cried.

Both of them moved her body facing them and tried looking for where she was hit.

"Do you . . know the feeling of. . pain and numbness. . at the same time? T-that's what I feel right now." She calmly whispered.

"Danielle, just don't move or talk, okay?" Anthony added with panic.

"C-can Ian. . . give me . . another hug?" She faintly took a deep breath.

Ian immediately did while a tear stream down across his face.

"Y-you're not dying, d-don't worry! You're t-too strong for this!" He faked a smile trying to hide his face full of anger and sadness.

Jason wasn't anywhere to be found, but he sure was there when Danielle landed to the ground.

Around them, some men are already starting to flee. The REAL police must have arrived to scare them away like that, except Francis who was watching meters away.

"G-guys, I'm r-really really sleepy." Her eyes were getting the best of her.

Ian lets go as Anthony keeps asking her to stay awake. His hands trembled badly seeing red-covered hands, he closes his eyes and reminded him to ignore it.

"Tell me the truth, guys, am I really dying?" She barely opened her mouth.

They both sniffed, but Ian was the one mostly tearing up.

"Danielle, listen to me, keep your eyes open, please!" Ian gave a sad grin. (Sad grin, that's a good one)

They start hearing ambulances coming closer and closer.