Fatherly Fail Part 32

Danielle was curled up at the back of a van as Toni just watched her blankly stare somewhere.

The road was smooth and the travel was quiet. Toni glances to the front seat and saw Francis was asleep and the driver was too busy.

He looks back at the girl. Opening and closing his mouth thrice, he just couldn't start any conversations.

He was feeling too awkward and getting annoyed by the utter silence.

Just then, Danielle knew what was going on and started to talk herself.

"You new?" She kept her grump face, her eyes still sore.

"Just before these recruits."

There were no chairs so he was Indian sitting on the van's floor while the girl sits across him curled up, avoiding his eyes.

"Thank you." Danielle whispered.

"For what? I.. I helped take you away from them." He sighs

"Thank you for loosening your grip on my neck, it felt like hell."

"Its because your brother was glaring at me."

"You don't have to lie, he didn't look back at me one second."

"How do you know?"

.

.

.

.

.

.

..

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"He was scared."

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

"Ian, I'm sorry.." Melanie takes his hands as he sat on the ambulance.

"This isn't your fault. We should've seen it coming." He gives a comforting smile.

"Where's Danielle?"

His girlfriend suddenly realizes after seeing Jason alone sitting on a bench.

Ian frowns then gazes at Jason and looks back at her. He shakes his head and Melanie looked more confused.

"They took her.." Ian said.

"Where'd she take them?! Don't you need the cops? I thought Jason could ALWAYS handle her?"

"He.. said that?"

"He did. Moments before shit went down, we talked a lot. Danielle just held my arm beside me and her brother didn't stop conversing. His sister probably didn't listen, but he confessed everything to me."

"He just recently met you and then confesses shit to you. While I've been with him for a month and still don't know much about him."

"He's just a toughie, Ian. Just like you to me sometimes.."

"I--" Ian was cut off by Anthony as he scooted in.

"Your shoulder feelin' any better, bro?"

"Kind of.. but we seriously need to leave."

"Ey, we got three days. As I said, You and Jason needs to rest." Anthony scolded.

"He's right. We'll look for another place to stay for the week. I guess my convention's delayed." Melanie laughs.