54

I asked Ashton to leave me alone with my family as I have to be the bearer of the bad news.

I walked inside the palace like mansion through the huge old doors. Everyone in my way bowed there head down in respect as I walked towards the hallway, my men from the street fight following me. I couldn't bear it anymore when my mother and my pregnant bestfriend were also among the people who needed to bow down to me even if it was against their will. 'They knew' the thought dawned on me as I motioned with my hand to everyone asking them to stand straight. They knew their leader was dead replaced by me but did they know that their beloved leader was killed in my hands. Who knows? I cleared my throat and my heart from any emotion as I stood at the center

"On this very day, 24th October 2033 , our former leader took his last breath in a street fight. My father and your leader was shot in the heart with a bullet from this revolver. The name of the killer of Christopher Alexander Walker is Jane Evelyne Walker. now three days from today you shall renew your vows to your mafia and your code of silence on the grave of your former leader" I finished my revolver lying on the table from when I kept it there. I looked around the hallway faces of shock, no emotion and hurt were visible. My heart yarned to go and hug my mother but my principles didn't. My principles taught me one day this will happen and until you are officially on the post do not show any emotions. So I ignored everyone and ran upstairs to my washroom.

__________________

I was in the library going through the restricted area. This area is restricted for everyone except the leader because it had the glorious bloody history we were forced to know by tradition. As I went through the book, I wasn't allowed to read the names of my anchestors but I did notice everyone of them were mafia kings so I needed to be one too. So that I could uplift the honour of my family.