82

~ Keith ~

I woke from my nap with a call from Gray. Good god, they found her. Peace restored.

"Yes?"

"Jane, she-she just left me alone. She's on a killing spree."

"F*ck! I'm coming"

~ Jane ~

I know I'm alive but why the heck can I not move any of my limbs. F*ck! I cannot even open my eyes. Why am I stuck in this darkness alone with a pounding headache? Did Grayson get Julia? UGH!

"Miss York?" I heard a faint voice. Who is this 'Miss York' now?

"Jane?" I barely heard Keith's voice. I tried to open my eyes. Very hard. Finally, I got to open them. 

"Julia?" I barely got to say it because of how sore my throat was.

"Grayson got to her. She's at the hospital wing and I'm afraid it's coming back"

"What did I do?"

"You went on a killing spree and you believed yourself to be Alexandra"

"When will I be safe again? I want to check on Julia"

"You're not unsafe just a bit unstable. They'll release you in an hour"

_____________

I walked inside the room and stared at Julia's sleeping figure. I turned back to walk out of the room.

"Stop. I'm awake" Julia said. I looked at her and she smiled. I went to sit beside her to apologize.

"I'm sorry my love. I'm sorry I wasn't there when Grayson got you. I wasn't myself-" she squeezed my hand 

"Jane, you are not bound to answer me. I know what your life is like and I don't question your choices."

"How's Gio? I hope he's fine"  I said and a sob escaped her lips

"He-he's not. The doctors say he'll- he'll have mental problems and all I can think of to give justice to my son and you. I-I should abort the baby-"

"Stop it, Julia. What type of nonsense is this?" I asked, pulling her into a hug

"But he'll die, Jane. he cannot survive our world with an unstable mind. It's cruel" she sobbed into my shoulder

"Darling, maybe the doctors got it wrong. We never are sure about what's going to happen in our life. I cannot decide what goes on in your life but I beg you to give him a chance at life. If something is different with him, I'll train him on how to deal with this life. I promise" I whispered even though I tried to comfort her about her baby, I don't know why I am hurting so much. It feels as if my life is being sucked out of me. My stomach hurts bad. I fear for my baby.

"Jane?" I heard Tyler's voice and turned my neck to look at him

"Tyler" I acknowledged his presence 

"Can I talk to you?"

"Can't it wait?"

"Talk to him. It may be important" Julia said detaching herself from me. I got down from the bed and dusted my shirt. I walked up to him and hold his hand.

"What happened?" I whispered

"I'm sorry Jane but you-you suffered a miscarriage" he said, stroking my hand with his thumb. I nodded and sighed.

"Will you excuse me for a moment?" I asked looking up at him. He left my hand and I quickly walked down the hallway as fast as I could without making myself look worried. I got in my room and locked the door with my shaking hands then I broke down. I don't remember when was the last time I cried so hysterically. I hate myself. How could I sacrifice the life of my child? I murdered my own blood again.

_____________

I got up from the floor with wobbly feet. I walked up to the mirror and saw my reflection. My nose was red from crying, my cheeks were tear-stained and my eyes were bloodshot. I wiped my nose on the sleeve of my shirt and went inside the washroom to take a shower.