95

"Come on Tyler, it's not every day your daughter turns one" I said following him outside

"You'll say that same thing day after tomorrow for Russell won't you?" He asked suddenly stopping in his track

"Yup" I nodded

"No" he said and started walking again

"Please Tyler. I can die any day. Let me celebrate their birthdays, it's the only thing I'm enthusiastic for"

"You got me on the die one" he sighed

"Kinda obvious" I muttered 

"Russell stop running!" I yelled at him 

"But mommy-"

"No buts. If I said not to run it means you will not dare to run. Understood?"

"Yes, mommy" he muttered his head hung low. I walked up to him and kneeled in front of him

"Mummy doesn't want to scold you, dear. You'll get hurt if you run, you can fall right? Mummy has fear and that is something happening to you and Gal. Do you want mummy to live in fear? Or do you want me to be happy? You can help mommy there by listening to me. Russell?" I whispered so that it stays between us holding his little hand in mine.

"Sorry mommy" he whispered

"Don't be sorry" I smiled and picked him up in my arms

"Now, who wants ice cream?" I asked him tickling his stomach. He burst out laughing and I laughed with him. I suddenly felt a small fist hit the back of my head and turned around to see Gal with an angry pout in Taylor's arms. I pulled her in my arms and smiled.

"Are we up for ice cream?" I asked both of my children in my arms and they both nodded.

"Then let's go" I said and walked to the cabinet to get my car keys out.

"Russell, can you take the car keys out?" I asked turning around so Russell is in front of the cabinet. I leaned down and he pulled the drawer open and pulled my keys out of the sea of car keys.

________________________

"Only one scoop" I said walking inside the ice cream parlor and they whined. We walked up to the counter and I looked at Gal.

"What do you want?"

"Choco" she replied

"Russell?"

"V" he replied. He has difficulty pronouncing 'vanilla'

"Gal, choco or chocolate?" I asked her because I never know which one she means given that they have both.

"Choco" she said and I nodded

"One choco, one vanilla, and a liquor brushed dark chocolate. Cones for the kids" I said and he typed away on the register. I paid for the ice creams and then handed them their cups. We walked out of the parlor and then stopped in front of the car.

"I don't want the car to get dirty" I warned opening the backseat door