98

"Trust me you are in a better place. If the lord even has a pinch of mercy he'll send an angel like you to heaven" I whispered as I struggled to Tyler in his suit jacket. He wanted to wear his wedding suit, I didn't know but Bill did.

"Jane, the results came back" Taylor cleared her throat from behind the door. She waited a moment before entering.

"Shush, not now Taylor. Not when I'm letting him go until I die" I whispered getting him in his suit jacket and gently placing him on the bed. I turned around to see Taylor. My cheeks were tear-stained.

"Jane-" she said and hugged me and I broke down in her arms.

"I loved him, Taylor, I loved him a lot. He was killed by jealousy. I couldn't give him justice. A hero like him should die in war or after a happy life" I cried as she stroked my hair

"He died after a happy life, Jane. He was happy in his last days because of you" Taylor said.

"What wrongs did I commit to have my love so short-lived Taylor?" I asked her as my whole body shook in her hold.

"This what we call god's wish Jane. It was fate that took Tyler from us" she said as Bill walked in with this mafia's papers before Russell, I'm the leader not really a leader but someone who's going to handle it until the heir comes to age.

"I'll take Tyler to his co-"

"Don't" I said shaking my head vigorously. He sighed and placed the papers on the bed and then took Tyler as I stared at their retreating figure. I sighed and pulled out a pen from my pocket and signed the paper just beside Tyler's. I slightly traced my finger on Tyler's signature and took a deep breath. I can do this at least for the kids.

"Mummy what happened, they took daddy" Russell ran in

"When the heck will you understand to not disobey my orders!" I yelled at him and he whimpered that's when I came back to my senses.

"Russell?"

"I don't want to talk to you" he yelled.

"Baby, mummy made a mistake. I'm sorry" I said kneeling down and I groaned. My eyes rolled back but I steadied myself by holding onto Russell.

"Daddy died, Russell. He left the world and it's time we fend for ourselves. Mummy's messed up because she wasn't very nice to him when he was alive but she loved him a lot. I apologize Russell for yelling at you" I tried to smile.

"Jane, we need to hurry if you still plan on giving the speech" she said offering her hand.

"I do, I do" I muttered getting up with her help. I wiped my tears away with my shirt sleeve and sighed.

"Will you please ask someone to get the kids ready?" I asked her and she nodded. She took Russell with her and I walked into the washroom to take a shower.

______________

I took one last look at myself in the mirror and closed my eyes. I'm already missing you Tyler.

_________________

"Today we've gathered here in the loving memory of Tyler Adriano Hernandez. He was not only a man but he was also a husband and a father. Many of you know him because he was your boss. Don of the Hernandez mafia that's how I met him too but since then every obstacle bought us closer than ever. He was a team guy and he liked to be down with every member of his mafia. High or low it didn't matter to him. He was my angel sent from above because he delicately made me strong but I never took notice of it. He was a family man and the mafia was his family therefore today I shall unveil a masterpiece he left for the future generation. Our kids and yours too" I said and looked at Tyler's coffin beside me. He laid peacefully in it. I bent down and kissed his forehead.  I placed my lips on the cold metal of the ring and then pulled it out. I placed it beside his head and looked at it.

"I'm not worthy of your love Tyler" I whispered