71

~ Jane ~

It's been hours and still Tyler didn't come upstairs. I needed to go downstairs and check it. It's nearly dawn, the sound of feet scrambling audible all the way to the bed. The men were getting ready to train, ready to start their day but Tyler was behind his schedule. He is supposed to wake me up now and ask me to give his antidepressants instead he's nowhere around. Maybe I'm overthinking? Maybe he slept in his office but..... drugs? He is addicted to his drugs. Maybe he went to buy some and it's unavailable. I'll just go downstairs and check.

___________

"Good morning ma'am"

"Morning? Have you seen your boss?"

"Ma'am I saw him last night with alcohol on the couch"

"What did you do?"

"I....went back to sleep"

"Crap" I groaned and there was loud thud on the door, both of us turned around to see Tyler struggling to come in.

"Tyler!" I gasped and went to hold him

'We need to talk" I whispered

"Ma'am do-" I raised my palm in a commanding manner as he silenced

"IN!" I commanded and everyone started to scramble of to their rooms

"You can't command my men" he slurred in a manner which almost sounded defensive

"Under the rule 27, section 43, subsection 18, page 809, I have the right to do so but that's  unimportant here" I said offering him my hand. He gladly took it and walked to the couch with my help.

"You were out all night? Drunk out of your mind? With no security? Who do you think you are? A baker's boy?No! You are Tyler Hernandez, a mob boss. You are my husband and I'm wanted in f*cking 39 states! Do you know you were playing with your life?!" I was yelling at the end as he flinched

"Lord! Tyler I'm done putting up with your sh*t! You are supposed to be a mature man instead of the wild kid"

"My sh*t?" he laughed "I'm not even half as wild as you are"

"Me? Wild?"

"Oh you tell me cause I'm not the one who got someone pregnant. You are pregnant with child of our half brother which I need to put up with for your sake and you have the audacity to yell at me in my f*cking house!" he yelled as I backed down, he hit the spot

"That was it, wasn't it? Your house, your wife but not your child. That hit a nerve didn't it? You couldn't put up with the 'mine' bullsh*t on this one. Gosh! Every man is same aren't they? They need to have this false sense of power"

"False? I am the f*cking man of the house!" he yelled

"And that's where it all ends! I am a more dangerous more powerful mob boss than you or your ancestors could ever be. The society sees me as royalty even if my father's dead!" I yelled back

"And that brings us back to your wildness. Dear, dear you murdered your father without even an ounce of mercy. Lord! How stone hearted are you?" he mocked and I was blinded by rage when I went for his throat, his reflexes were worse than a child's when he was drunk so all he could do was writhe under me when I let go of him and ran out of the house. I drove all the way to my house and sighed as I stared at the door from my car.  What have I become? I killed my father and then merely after weeks I tried to kill my husband. I hated him in the past but now? I love him don't I? Then? How could I have the thought of killing him in my worst nightmare let alone try it? And that to with my own f*cking bare hands? Will these be my memories left  when I'm killed? A homicidal maniac who killed her family or tried to? 

I was drowned in my thoughts when my phone buzzed

"It's her"