97

"This is beautiful" I gasped walking inside the rooftop restaurant.

"I know right" Tyler said looking at the beautiful skylines. I always had a thing about skylines. They are beautiful. A waiter came out of nowhere and ushered us to our seats. Taylor and the kids were far away to hear us talk but close enough to see us. We sat across each other and I smiled at him as he poured the white wine into two glasses. He handed me a glass and we clinked it together.

"To us" I whispered

"To us" he nodded. Time flew by as we talked our hearts out to each other and ate. My eyes flickered to the kids from time to time but they were fine.

"Love?" Tyler asked

"Yes?" I looked at him and pulled out something from his pocket

"Jane Evelyne Walker, you may be my wife but I never had the chance to propose to you. I want to own that mistake and say it to you. Will you stay with me till death parts us and promise to let me love you?"

"I will" I smiled as tears of joy streaked down my cheeks. I really loved this man.  He slid the ring on my finger and kissed me, I smiled into the kiss as my tears dissolved in it. He turned our body around and then I heard it.

"No!" I screamed as Tyler fell in my arms. He was heavy and I was weak in my knees. I sat down on the floor with his head on my lap. I ran my hand through his hair the other hand supporting his neck.

"No, no please Tyler don't leave me. Not today, not yet" I cried and shook my head. His lips quivered and he looked at me with difficulty.

"I'm glad, we had children and I-I could propose to you. I love you" he smiled as breathing slowed down by the minute.

"I don't want you to love me. Please just stay with me baby please" I cried. He weakly shook his head.

"It's time" he whispered as he closed his eyes. Suddenly his breathing stopped and he was gone. I left his head and stared at the blood in my hand. His blood. It felt as if all of my emotions were shutting down. I gently placed his head down on the floor and got up. Gal and Russell ran up to me and hugged my leg. I rubbed their back gently.

"What happened to daddy?" Russell asked as Gal cried staining my dress.

He's in a better place" I whispered and they looked at his bloodied body.

"Shush, don't cry" I whispered and cleared my throat.

"Taylor, it was a sniper bullet. Get someone to take the bullet out and clean him. I'll dress him up. I want the funeral as soon as possible" I said authority evident in my voice. I held the kids' hand and walked out of the crime scene only to look back at him once and then look at my ring. I love you Tyler, I really do