73

I puked my guts out in the toilet, I took a handful of toilet paper and wiped my mouth then flushed the mess down, I slid alongside the tub and sighed. I could hear Julia's muffled voice through the door.

"I'm fine" I yelled back, my throat sore. I took a shower and walked out.

"What happened?" Julia asked, arms folded
"Food poisoning, I guess" I muttered and took out a fresh set of clothes. I pointed my hand towards the door and looked at her, she understood the message and walked out.

_____________________

"Tie her to one of the torture chairs downstairs, I'll be there in 10 minutes"

"You can't have this merciless heart Jane, she's our mother, I know she made a mis-"

"It's not a mistake, it's written in our blood we either betray or follow, she chose her path and no mercy will be shown, get that through your skull Walker"

"Yes boss"

What does he think? I don't care about our mother? I do don't I? I don't kill without reason and I killed for her, I fought my husband for her but as important my mother is; my mafia is bigger. Hundreds of people trust me to be their saviour, not only my people but also my prisoners see me as their protector from external threats, the equation here is simple. It's either one person or hundred people, tens of family and as a leader I'll do what's right, not what I prefer. I glanced back at the papers I was looking at and then glanced towards the window, it's a joyful morning. Parents and their kids out to play or munch on something, couples out on dates and me? I am about to go down and force information out of my very own mother.

_______________

"I'm asking you again Diana, what did you reveal to them?" I yelled, my voice cracking because of the crying mess I was

"Keith saw it with his own eyes, you can't lie there" I said my cheeks stained with tears, I slumped back on the cold damp wall and looked at her

"Mom how could you? You betrayed dad's cause. There are secrets he didn't want you to know because he thought you would make him look heartless. We didn't have it easy in past, the secret lessons with dad? he taught me to be like him, putting his family, his love, putting you above his own life and that's what I do too. Keith thinks the cause of mafia matters to me a lot, no it doesn't. My mafia is my family, Julia wants to name her son after us, she may not share our blood but to heart? She is one of us, everyone who laid their life for the Walkers' is my family and you tell me, you may be my mother but should I hide your scandal and put my whole family in danger? No, I shouldn't, that wouldn't make me a leader, it would make me a coward. Dad killed Mr. Hernandez, his best friend. Who are they going to take and at what cause" I finished wiping my eyes with the back of my sleeve and then got up, I walked to her chair, my hands to the sides of the chair. 

"I'll be forced to treat you like other prisoners if you don't talk" I said lowly

"Linda, next week tuesday, He wants to be great"

"Who?"

"You know him"

"Answer me!"

James, he will take his revenge for killing his father"

"And torture his mother? Wow" I said and walked out of the cell

"Keith will lock you in your room later today" I said looking at her and then entered Linda's cell

"I'll protect you, you have my word"