I AM A MARRIED WOMAN

It finally happened everyone. My husband and I signed that paper and it's official. (Yes those are our rings in the picture. No the picture cannot be used for other things.) Let me tell you, the wedding was incredible, but NOTHING went according to plan.

I can give you insight for anyone that will be getting married soon or far into the future. Plus all the advice I was given.

Lesson number 1: NOTHING will be as you imagine it. Hard as you try, nothing will go as you dream. One of the biggest days of your life and you'll be hanging on by the coat tails. Absolutely nothing is in your control and there's nothing you can do to make it happen.

Lesson number 2: Most of your expected guests may not even show up. We expected over a hundred and maybe 40 showed up. No one bothered to even let us know. If you aren't going to be there for someone let them know. Don't be a dick and just not bother to show up. There's a lot of work that goes into a wedding, and it's rude to not even say a damn word about your absence. I wasn't really happy with some people. But the ones that did show got special attention and love from the bride and groom.

Lesson number 3: Hire an outside person to get things done. Trusting family and friends will lead to disappointment. I will list later a few things that didn't get done because I relied on people I know. They WILL let you down in one way or another. Not everyone mind you, but someone at some point will drop the ball. My parents were very helpful and supportive through the entire thing. My husband was a big help with set up when I wasn't allowed to be there. It was everyone else that I was ready to choke, lol. Hire someone and it won't be a problem.

Lesson number 4: Your focus WILL be on your spouse. Don't even worry about the crowds if you have anxiety. I spent the whole month leading up to it thinking I'd have a panic attack with all the people coming. Didn't even faze me. I caught sight of my husband at the arch and that was all I focused on. He was so handsome, and I knew things were going to be alright. He was waiting for me, ready to begin the rest of our lives. The people weren't even there. I couldn't focus on a single face but his. Breathe, you will be fine.

Lesson number 5: Don't bother writing out an agenda. Things will happen or they won't. For example, I didn't even get a first dance or a dance with my father. There wasn't enough time and people just started leaving after a couple hours. There was no music. My wedding cake didn't get finished. There were no signs put out on the road to let people know where to go. The playlists I took a lot of time to make didn't even get played. As I said before, nothing went according to plan that day.

THE BIG ADVICE TO FOLLOW:

Breathe, and people will tell you this a lot.

Let go of the stress in whatever way you can. Seriously, it's not good for you.

Know that the only thing you need from this is the document to be signed. Everything else is frilly fun that's added in for a party.

Remember all the things that made you smile when it's all said and done. There will be things that go wrong, but don't dwell on them. You'll only make yourself miserable.

At the end of the day, you're married and with the love of your life. Cherish what happened.

If you have any questions about how my wedding went, or want further advice, feel free to send me a private message. I don't always see the comments on my chapters.

And with that my lovely readers, I bid this story adieu. This will be my last post. Feel free to read my story as much as you want. It's been a wild ride. I love you all. God bless each and every one of you.