Chapter 41 - Wave (Prod. Naya)

INSTAGRAM
blue_ivy_blossoms

[Concept photo Sub-Unit Retro version]

Like by jjenjji, eMMieiMMe and 23.395 others
blue_ivy_blossoms Listen to Emi&Jenn's unit song
"Wave (Prod. Naya)" out now
View all 183 comments

Add a comment...

Blue Ivy had been supporting the comeback Stray Kids were having. But now that Miyoung and Eunji had their sub-unit song released, Naya and Yuri had to support them just a little bit more. That didn't mean they stopped focusing on Stray Kids.

The first day of promotions, Miyoung and Eunji wanted Naya and Yuri to join them to Inkigayo. So, the two youngest members joined them early in the morning. They would love to support their Unnies. And because the company wanted some videos taken for their YouTube channel, fans would love to see the whole group there.

Naya was just relieved Yuri would join as well, because she was afraid Eunji would try something again. She never stopped trying to get Naya back together with Changbin. No matter how many times the three girls needed to tell her to end it. The leader had her mind set.

"We have to surprise the boys and visit their dressing room." The idea of surprising them was very enticing.

Especially since they probably didn't know Naya and Yuri would be there as well. Or perhaps a few of the boys didn't.

"Not if they decide to surprise us first." 

They stayed silent again. Eunji quickly realized that she wouldn't be performing with Naya and Yuri this time. It felt a little strange, as if the group wasn't complete. But in the end, it was only a sub-unit. The four girls would perform together again very soon.

"I'm a bit nervous." Miyoung wanted to make sure Eunji wouldn't annoy Naya anymore, at least for the rest of the day, by changing topics. 

"You can do it, Unnies. We'll be your biggest fans. Fighting!" Yuri had a smile plastered on her face as she made a fist to show the two oldest her support.

Eventually the manager told the girls they arrived. A few fan sites and new sites were near the entrance, ready to take pictures of any idol or idol group that was passing by. Because Miyoung and Eunji would be the only ones performing of Blue Ivy, Naya and Yuri couldn't be in every picture. A few of them were fine, just to show they wanted to join their members.

When they finally got inside the building, they searched around and made their way to the dressing room that had Eunji's and Miyoung's stage names on a piece of paper. Yuri immediately looked at her phone, wanting to know how excited the fans were about the song. Naya looked at her phone as well, but only since Changbin messaged her.

Bin: Did you and Yuri join Eunji and Miyoung?
Bin: Or did you stay behind at the dorm?

Naya: It's their first performance with just
the two of them
Naya: So Yuri and I came to support them
Naya: But now that you messaged me, there's
something you need to know
Naya: Eunji wants to surprise the boys with a visit

Bin: I see what you're trying to suggest
Bin: I will tell the rests about it, so they can
act totally not surprise

Naya: That would be great

When the girls walked inside the boys' dressing room, with only Naya knowing the group was already expecting them, Eunji seemed shocked when the boys didn't react. That was until they got into a laughing fit, with Naya joining in, who high-fived Changbin to thank him for helping her.

"Naya! You really know how to ruin my fun." Naya gave her friend a hug to apologize, all the while ignoring her fast beating heart from the small moment she had shared with Changbin. 

"That's what happens when you annoy me." The rapper was very happy she was able to get back at her friend.

"So... How does it feel not performing with the others." They quickly wanted to change the subject, not wanting Eunji to try once more to convince Changbin to get back together with Naya.

"It's definitely going to be different. But, we are looking forward to try something new. Yuri had the most free time of course." Because Yuri wasn't part of the sub-unit and had nothing to do with the production or writing of the song, she had an actual break.

"I enjoyed not having to focus on the idol part of the song." Naya still couldn't believe she was able to write a song for the two girls, she worked on the demo and helped them with their recordings.

After catching up for a little bit, Stray Kids had to leave as their performance was starting very soon. So, they needed to be near the stage already while the group before them were still performing.

Both groups would try to hang out a little bit more after both performances, but for now, Blue Ivy headed back to the dressing room. Miyoung and Eunji got ready while Naya and Yuri were in their own world, not having to worry about anything right now.

Eventually, the day was nearing the end. The girls finished spending time with the boys and were back at the dorm. It really felt great to be hanging out again since they all were really busy.

Naya had this feeling something was quite different. She sort of forgot about why her relationship with Changbin ended. Because it seemed like they were able to hang out more than during their dating period.

And Changbin apparently felt the same way as he texted Naya.

Bin: Would you mind meeting up at the rooftop
after comeback season?
Bin: I'd understand if not...

Naya: I don't mind at all
Naya: Just remind me when, because I don't
really know when you're done

Bin: Of course! I'll let you know

**NOTE**

The song "Wave" I used for this is by Limesoda

Edited