Chapter 16 - The date

Of course Naya was feeling nervous. She had never been on a date before. But having these nerves didn't mean her friends were right. Naya was only feeling this way because she was afraid to ruin his friendship with Changbin. What if things got awkward between them? They would end their friendship if it did.

When they told their friends they would go out, they were genuinely surprised and shocked by the news. They were annoyed the date only was going to happen to prove them a point. However, they stayed hopeful. Perhaps the two would actually realize they had been wrong this whole time.

Chan told Changbin to be careful. The dating ban was still in place. JYP couldn't find out about the date, because there could be repercussions. There was a chance Changbin would be forced to go on hiatus. Or perhaps even worse than that.

The two were meeting up at the same park where they first met. The main reason being it would be calm and so, no one with bad intentions would be able to spot them. Changbin's friends teased him, because to them, it was something a hopeless romantic would do. Which he was known to be.

Even with a jacket, Naya wished she would have worn something warmer. But for now, she had to get through this. Only when it would get darker outside from the sun setting, then she would certainly feel the cold breeze more. She could handle it now.

Changbin wasn't sure what they could do on their date. He didn't want to make Naya uncomfortable, so he brought snacks with them. A picnic would be a little too much for their date, for proving their friends wrong. And Naya loved snacking as much as he did, so it was an amazing idea.

"I've always love these snacks as a kid." Naya felt nostalgic.

She was surprised Changbin knew about it. Or perhaps, it was a coincidence. Naya might have mentioned these snacks in an interview before and she forgot about it. That must be it. But that wasn't it all. Changbin didn't know about this. He brought the snacks because they were his favorite ones. It felt special knowing Naya loved them as much as he did.

"Should we have a walk through the park?" Changbin got up from the bench, the same one from one when they first met in person.

Naya followed him, walking beside him. They were silent. Changbin was figuring out what to do, carefully reaching for Naya's hand to hold. She felt her cheeks heat up when she felt his hand in hers. Naya tried to shake of this strange feeling.

Slowly, the evening came. The clouds in the sky and the wind blowing made Naya shiver. Changbin seemed to notice and briefly let go off her hand. He gave her his jacket to drape over her. His parents taught him to be a gentleman, so he didn't think much of it. Or at least Changbin thought so.

"Why did you want to be an idol?" It was the perfect time to get to know each other better.

"I wanted to find a purpose in life. My parents wanted me to go to university and study, but it wasn't something for me. Listening to music always made me happy, so I decided to do something with it. Then, I auditioned at Blossom and got through."

Fortunately, Naya's parents were supportive of her decisions. She knew there were trainees and idols out there who weren't that lucky. She didn't take her parents for granted. They meant a lot to her and tried hard to make them happy and proud. Which they were. Naya was their only daughter, so they cared a lot about her.

During their date, they talked about many topics. About their childhood, family and friends and about their shared love for music and food. They had a great time. Changbin brought Naya back to her dorm to end their date. Darkness came and Changbin didn't want Naya to go home alone in the dark. He didn't think much of it.

"Thank you for tonight. I didn't regret it." Naya looked down at the ground, she could feel herself blushing.

Changbin left when Naya disappeared inside. Her friends were waiting for her, curious about the date. They were hopeful to hear the rapper tell them they were right. That she felt something more. But, Naya ignored them. Sitting down on her bed, she remembered she was still wearing Changbin's jacket.

Naya sighed, falling down on her bed. She didn't know how to feel anymore.

And Changbin was exactly the same.

Edited