Chapter 10 - Friends

"First, we should figure out the second verse with me in mind." Changbin opened Naya's notebook that was in front of her to find the song they were working on.

Naya couldn't believe all of this was happening. She never expected to be working on her own song and have someone feature on it. Let alone Changbin being that someone. She had a feeling Eunji would be a little jealous, as she was the biggest Stay. There had been a time the leader told her members she wanted to collaborate with Stray Kids.

They were able to change up the second verse. Technically, Changbin wrote his verse completely. Naya only gave him some ideas because he allowed her to. In the end, it was still her song for her solo debut. Only, she wasn't sure yet if it would become the title track to her single album. Possibly, it would.

Unfortunately, Changbin's phone rang right when they were about to start figuring out the production of the song. He picked up and mouthed to Naya it was Chan. While Changbin was on a phone call, Naya read through the lyrics once more. A smile plastered on her face, she was very happy.

"I need to head back to the dorm. I'll message you when I have another free day and then we can continue." Changbin ended his phone call, putting his mask back over his mouth.

Since he wasn't there to help her anymore, Naya headed back to her dorm as  well. They had been in the studio for quite a while, her members were probably worried about her well being. They didn't want Naya to have a burnout from working as hard as she was.

When she went inside, Miyoung immediately stood in front of her. Being the mother of the group, she looked worried. Naya hadn't messaged any of her friends while she was gone.

"I really hope you took care of yourself while you were in the studio." Miyoung brought Naya into a hug, relief washing over her.

"I made sure to take breaks. I haven't started the production, because I wanted to finish the lyrics." When Eunji and Yuri appeared in front of Naya, she had to step away to pick up her phone.

Once again, Changbin had messaged her.

Changbin: I'm free next week, the
whole week
Changbin: We might be able to finish
the track then

Naya: That's perfect!
Naya: Thank you for helping me
Naya: I'm very grateful

Changbin: It's really nothing
Changbin: I consider you my friend and I
care about my friends
Changbin: I'm always there to help them
out whenever they need it

Without even realizing, Naya was smiling at the message. Of course, one of her friends noticed. Fortunately, it wasn't Eunji at all.

"You seem a little bit too happy, Unnie." Naya looked up at Yuri, quickly putting away her phone.

She could feel her cheeks burning up, unsure why. Yuri had noticed a few of the messages Naya and Changbin exchanged with each other. It showed her how close the two rappers were. And although becoming friends with Changbin was the best thing Naya had gone through, she was afraid of what would happen if their friendship continued to grow.

Edited