Chapter 6: Trust

~ו×~

~ו×~

Sunoo walks to the door, as if seeing prince Jungkook in your room wasn't enough, the king just entered your room. He just follows him out the balcony where you and Jungkook are. You're still on the ground, body trembling and hands shaking. You thought the abuse that you experienced back at the mansion was worse. This is far more traumatic than being whipped or caned or slapped.

"What is this all about Jungkook?" Taehyung asks his brother who looks down at you with spite.

"I was just checking your majesty," Jungkook answers, venom dripping from his words.

You don't know what you did to make him treat you like this. All you knew was you treated him like how a normal subject would treat a royalty.

"You don't have to Jungkook, she and Sunoo are fine. No criminal records nor shady acts. I made sure of that," Taehyung speaks.

Jungkook lifts his head to meet his brother's gaze. "And you even let them stay in this large bedroom. Really your majesty?" He complained.

What is up with him?

Taehyung shakes his head.

"Calm down Jungkook, I said they're fine," the king sighs knowing full well what Jungkook is doing.

He's just being too cautious since the neigboring lands have been trying to kill the king. Not too long ago when they found out that a new servant that time tried to poison the king. Jungkook only heightened the security inside the palace. Up to this day, he's still paranoid that the same thing might happen.

"But-" Jungkook was cut off when Taehyung sits infront of you.

"Are you alright?" He asks you.

You stare up at him and nods while you caress your wrist that has received the weight that your body has. The king reached for your wrist that's now starting to bruise. He exhales a heavy sigh and stood up.

"You bring her to Namjoon, he might have something there that would lessen the pain she's feeling," he instructs Jungkook.

"And why would I-" Jungkook was cut off again when Taehyung raised his hand to quiet him.

"You did this," he said and quickly takes his leave.

You were left there with confusion when Jungkook helps you up. He never dared to look at you. He just motions you to follow him. Sunoo was about to follow but Jungkook stops him.

"You stay here," he says to him before he could even protest.

In complete silence, you just follow him into another room also situated in the central area of the palace. He knocks on the door and after a while, the door was opened by a man whom you assumed was Namjoon.

"You highness, what brings you here in my room late at night?" He asks him.

Jungkook steps aside so Namjoon could see you. He pushes you upfront startling Namjoon.

"Treat her wrist," was all Jungkook said.

Now you start to get annoyed at him. He starts this mess and now acts like he didn't even do it? You were about to say something when you see Namjoon approaching. He held out his hand, palm facing up as he waits for you to place your hand in his seemingly large hand. You hesitated but it's better than having to deal with this new royal you've just met. So you placed your hand carefully into his and watches him study it.

"Just a cold compress will do. What happened?" He asks you.

You look at Jungkook but he doesn't seem to care so you  answered the doctor's question.

"He pushed me off the balcony sir," that was all it took to make the doctor's face morph into a disappointed one.

"Your highness, you must stop doing that," Namjoon said with a correcting tone.

"I know, his majesty already warned me," Jungkook looks away. "I'll make my leave then," he says and turns around to walk quickly away from you.

He looks back once more and you could've sworn he glared at you. Even though he isn't looking, you still glare at him in return.

Namjoon releases a sigh and rubs his nose bridge. "Let's go get you a cold compress," he smiled nonetheless and leads the way.

After, placing a makeshift compress into your wrist, he makes sure to still give you a glass of water for "hydration" he said, along the lines of being a bonsai or something. He's kinda funny and to be honest, it put you at ease that Sunoo will be around a royal like him. Unlike prince Heesung and Jungkook, the king and Namjoon has so much more sense in their bodies.

"Thank you for treating my wrist and for looking after my brother," you express your gratitude to him.

He smiles, dimples popping and nods. "Always a pleasure lady y/n." He says.

You smile at him, your own dimple showing. The small mole on the apple of your left cheek being more prominent even under the weak light Namjoon's lamp is providing.

"You're very pretty. Any man on this land must take a liking on you if you go out showing your face like that," Namjoon compliments you.

You chuckle at this and shake your head gently. "Thank you sir," you smile again.

"Call me Namjoon," he said and helps you up the chair where he seated you.

"Have a good night," he said and opens the door for you.

"You too Namjoon," you bow one last time and walks back to your room with the cold compress still on your wrist.

From above the staircase, Jungkook watches you walk to your room and once he sees you close it, he sighs.

"I need to look into her more," he muttered to himself.

But he couldn't deny how your skin felt under his touch. That even though he was handling you so rough, you still managed to look so beautiful under the moonlight. Your very distinct mole and long lashes distracted him. Jungkook shakes his head fervently and rolls his eyes.

"Must be witchcraft," he again muttered to himself pertaining to the cast you unknowingly placed on him.

•••

edited