Chapter 40: Engagement

~•×•~

~•×•~

It was a whole ordeal. From Taehyung trying to convince you to push with the announcement to you being measured by Welvian dress maker Taehyung insisted on having. You were happy to have local seamstresses but he flat out said no.

"Only the best for the future queen," you remembered him saying it.

After hearing the news from Ella that their engagement was called off, Taehyung immediately took the chance and proposed to you infront of his council and few close people. Heeseung was there and so was Eli and Shihyuk.

"You do not have to do this your majesty," you tell Taehyung.

"We need to make it official," he answered.

Your mind wanders to that night.

He had made his men set up a nice camp outside of the palace walls right after his hunting trip where all his men and councils were expected to attend.

It was a feast. Afterall, it was a hunting trip for the king. Every after the trip, they celebrate. But this time, it was different because they will be celebrating your engagement.

Jungkook gathered his men around the fire and some on guard duty for the iing's safety. As a general, Jungkook needed to be there. As painful as it sounds, he was always beside the king, proving his loyalty to him. He stood his ground and held his position. Despite the engagememt being called off, he seemed fine to you.

Jungkook stole glances at you. Every now and then waiting for the perfect timing to pull you away from the feast and intl the woods to talk. He kept glancing at you and ignored Taehyung's arm around your waist.

When the king left his post for a while to get to his position, Jungkook thought it was a good timing to excuse you. He was nearly reaching your spot as he weaved through the cheering crowd when the curtains were drawn together to reveal a star-studded sky, moon full, flowers were all around and Taehyung in the middle.

Men started cheering when he invited you to ve with him there. Jungkook stopped dead in his tracks and realizes what is unfolding infront of him. His hands starts to shake, eyes wide and lip caught between lip.

"Sweetheart," Taehyung calls for you pationately.

Is this what you think it is?

Is he going to do it here infront of everybody?

You slowly come close to him while the crowd cheers. Upon standing infront of him, he gives you a boyish smile.