Chapter 31: Resigned Hearts

~•×•~

~•×•~

It felt like you were being craddled and rocked. You don't remember when was the last time you were held like this. It felt so comforting. You sigh in content, snuggling into the soft pillow more. You expect to hear birds chirping but you hear

Hooves

Hooves hitting the ground

A familiar scent invades your nostrils when you exhaled deeper for air. A hand is supporting your face.

A hand

You shot your eyes wide and realize that your head is rested on a pillow on someone's lap.

That someone being Jungkook.

You sit up straight, startling him and hit your head in the window in the process.

What the actual hell!

Jungkook reaches for you and pulls you closer to him. Your body flush to his made your heart pound wildly.

"Stop hurting yourself," Jungkook speaks.

Your hand reaches to your head and rubs  it in attempt to lessen the growing pain. Jungkook didn't hesitate to reach for the same spot and rubs it for you instead.

"You might have a bump in here soon," he murmurs.

Your eyes watches his eyes as he looks at your head.

"Your highness, you do not have to pretend like you care," you say softly.

His eyes slowly meets yours and puts down his hand.

"You have a woman who's waiting for you back in the palace. We can't afford to hurt anyone," you painfully said.

Jungkook studies your face. For a moment he thought you were just joking but when his eyes met yours, he sees your orbs glisten.

Oh how badly he wants to hug you now.

Without hesitation, his hand slowly cups your face. His thumb carressing your cheek. His eyes bore into yours and he could feel his eyes starts to well up. He eyes your lips and then

Kisses you

Gently, his lips touched yours. Both of your eyes immediately closes in surrender. You go weak but his lips demands response hard. His minty breath enters your nose and you can taste it in his mouth.