Chapter 47: The North Kingdom

~•×•~

~•×•~

Your mind wanders to your husband. You miss him, his smile, his touch. Then you looked up at the sky, it's nearly dawn. You knew you are near to the entrance of the Northern Kingdom. Your body aches from riding till dawn. Yoongi didn't stop or rest. He's making it sure that this time, he arrives in the North with you and he wasted no time. His horse galloped across the lands for hours. You stopped yourself too many times from crying because you knew what Yoongi just declared war against the South. This is what you were worried about in the first place. You got carried away and forgot to be even more cautious now that you've become queen. You make as much space as you could between you and Yoongi. But ofcourse, your current position didn't offer much space. You pass by the all too familiar pathway to your properties, you didn't pay much attention to it but thought about your inn keepers who are probably still in there. But when you pass by the great gates to the entrance of your mansion, a lump formed in your throat. Tears threatens to spill, your mouth becomes dry. Your eyes linger to the far figure of your once home and willed yourself to look away. You know where you are going, the palace of the North. Guards line up behind you and Yoongi as you further enter the kingdom. You can see people starting their day as they look up to the company Yoongi is leading. A large flag of the North, attached to a pole is held by one guard on the horse and another flag carrying the royal's crest held by the other.

Good thing you still have your cloak on to cover your face and head. You're afraid that your arrival might start unnecessary ruckus and rumours. You find yourself looking at the familiar places where you used to ride your horse. The town, the capital, the flower shops, nothing has changed. Even the old fountain that's ahead seems to stand the test of time. The sun has risen, just in time for your arrival at the great gates of the palace. The sun hits the enormous building that has been your second home. No, it was never your home to begin with. It was Yoongi and Hoseok. They were your home, not the palace. You pass by the large gardens before you could even reach the entrance. You never entered through here, always through the back doors where close friends and families enter. Will palace folks recognize you here? You haven't spoken since Yoongi abducted you. Never opened your mouth but made sure to take note of everything. Everything is the same in the palace. The floors, the walls, the decor, nothing less of a grand. You remember this main entrance to be a place where people first gather before entering the grand ballroom.

Yoongi sees you looking around. The joy in his heart cannot be explained, you're finally home. Now all he has to do is to find a way to revoke your title as queen of the South. An impossible feat but he will try his best. He walks behind you, trying to fathom what you would say. He's aware that you might be angry but he hope it'll fade away. When you reached the ballroom, he signalled the maids to run along and leave the two of you. They close the doors of the ballroom and left. Yoongi catches up and walks beside you hoping he could start a conversation.

"Do you wanna have breakfast or do you wanna rest first?" He asks you.

You didn't look his way but answer anyway. "I wanna go home,"

"I don't think the Veremé Mansion is ready for occupancy at the moment, if you want to—.... "

"I am not pertaining to my family's mansion, I am pertaining to my home in the South," you look at him and continue, "with my husband," he finish.

Yoongi's face falls. What did he expect? For you to rejoice for being back in this hell hole you thought you escaped? You turn your back towards him with a glare.

"May I remind you that this is your home. This is where you belong, with me," he pushes.

You scoff at him and stands still.

"May I remind you that your father, your people, Hoseok and YOU, killed me? I died the day my family was executed. I am a royal of the South and I am the queen. Not just anybody who you can lay your fingers to. Yes, you might've successfully brought me here but watch my husband take over your land," you warned him, words dripping with venom and anger evident in your eyes.

Yoongi stops himself from bursting. He inhaled and exhaled deeply to calm his nerves.

"Watch me," Yoongi calls for maids to usher you to your room.

No one is touching you but you could tell by the look of Yoongi that he is about to burst in fury that you didn't know who it is directed to or the reason. You wanted to see him give up, you wanted to hurt him, and you succeeded. As if he was slapped across the face, he looks at your back as you walk away with dignity, the maids behind. When he was out of sight, you release a sigh of exasperation.

"Show me my room," you command coldly.

One of the maids lead you and as soon as you close the door, you slumped down to the floor. Tears rolling down your eyes and you uncontrollably sob. You didn't want to be here. Who would've thought that Yoongi would be successful in bringing you back? Hoseok heard that you were brought back to the palace so he rushed towards your room. Surely, guards are outside, locking you in.

"What the hell Yoongi?" He glares at Yoongi who's standing by the hallway looking directly at your door.

"I won't let her escape," Yoongi answers in monotone.

"Are you out of your mind?! You are forcing her to relive her nightmare. You know what happened in this kingdom. Why are you being so cruel to her?" Hoseok unlocks the door to reveal you on the floor crying. Yoongi catches a glimpse of you before Hoseok runs inside to help you up.

You look up at him and cried even more. "Hoseok!" You called out to him and run to his arms without second thoughts. At least he never forced anything to you. Atleast he only aided you in everything even when you were in the South dying from the poison that Yoongi inflicted. He immediately hugs you and dry your tears.

"Shhhh. I am so sorry this had to happen," he said comforting you.

Yoongi enters your room and leans on the wall. He's hurt, so hurt. The way you treated him was so different with the way you treated Hoseok. But he is determined to make you stay here even if it means locking you up in the palace. He leaves with anger in his mind. The same anger that has already taken over his heart.

"You have to bring me back. My husband will not waste a single time to rage war here. Let's not allow that to happen. Let's not sacrifice any more lives Hoseok," you tell him.

"There is no turning back now Y/n. Yoongi bringing you here already started the war,"

"Not you too," you step away from him.

"I am not siding with the king and I do not condone your abduction," he answers. "Yoongi needs you," he adds.

"No! He's just being greedy and won't accept defeat. You know what happened here. You know why I was there in the first place," you retaliate.

"It was only temporary, we—"

"Spare me Hoseok. I don't want to hear about it," you turn your back to him.

Not now, I don't need it now. You say in your head.

•••

Unedited