Chapter 32: Welves

~•×•~

~•×•~

It was suppose to be a normal trip for the vaccines. Jungkook was suppose to go alone with the guards but there's a problem, he doesn't speak weleri. Welves is a known country where they only speak weleri, their mother tongue.

Welves is a rich land filled with expensive fabrics. This the very kand where royals and nobles buy their fabrics for their clothings. Even The South buys fabrics here which will then be sewn and made into their garments.

Exotic spices are also found here. A very expensive commodity that only rich people can have. Sihyuk's spices are always imported from here. Unique furnitures are around and so are talented painters who usually does rich people's portraits. The king's latest portrait was done by an artist from Welves.

It is not a question why the vaccines are traded here. Ports are readiky available in the land. The pour of traders from around the world is here in the ports of Welves.

Weleri is a hard language to learn. Jungkook tried to learn it when he was younger but was only able to learn the basics. The king knows weleri and no one else in the kingdom he knows of.

But you do.

You know how to speak weleri and you fit perfectly for the job. Sunoo must have mentioned it to Namjoon since the royal doctor himself requested for your accompaniment for the travel and deal.

You sit silently with Jungkook inside the carriage when you arrived at the country's entrance. The whole company halted by the great gates. This isn't the first time you came here so you know that the Welvian guards will do an inspection and identity confirmation for the country's safety.

"We need to step out for a moment your highness. They'll do an inspection," you tell him.

You have the papers in your hand. These papers contain all of the identity of the men you have with you, yourself and the royal that you came with. It has the seal of The Southern Kingdom and the purpose of your visit.

You step out first and then Jungkook who walked behind you with two guards behind him for protection.

Jungkook watches you enter the large tent where a lot of people who wishes to enter the country is lining up for the confirmation. The seal of the southern kingdom is evident in all of your clothings so upon seeing you enter the large tent, staff from Welves approaches you.

Jungkook watches a Welvian staff approach you. He can recognize some of the words, the staff is greeting you. You then answer in weleri and he eyes you and bows. Their conversation was short so Jungkook just follows your lead.

"This way your highness," you soeak and leads the way to the inner portion of the tent.

It is covered with thick fabric that will protect the people from rain, dust, wind and sun. Even from people's curious eyes. After all, Jungkook is still the prince.

You were ushered to the desk while Jungkook is ushered to a couch not far from you, his two guards standing outside this portion of the tent.

{Translation}

"What brings you here your highness?" The man asked.

"Please, I am no royal. But I am with one. He is prince Jungkook of the Southern Kingdom. We came here for the vaccine trade," you answer him and hand him your papers.

The man eyes Jungkook once more, then you, then asks you more questions regarding your visit. After the questions, you were released to finally enter the country.

"It's better for you to stay inside the carriage your highness," you speak to him.

Jungkook eyes you warily. He's wondering how you can act like nothing happened. You were just crying a couple of minutes ago and now, you're back to being his translator and guide. He couldn't say anything either so he chose to keep quiet and observe the city.

The buildings in Welves is so much taller than the South. Since Welves is inside the Eastern Kingdom, the lands here are flat. Unlike in the South where the terraine is a mix of mountains and valleys. The temperature here is more humid than in the South.

You let him enter the carriage first and then follows right after. You start to sweat so you remover your cape and sets it aside. You start to braid your hair, down to it's length losely and start to wipe your sweat with a handkerchief.

Jungkook watches you.

He watches your skin being exposed. This is the first time he has ever seen you with more skin showing. He can feel the heat as well so he does the same. He starts to unbotton his long-sleeved top and rolls his sleeves to his elbows. You feel h do it so you relax a bit. You're worried that he might stay in that thick cape he had on.

"Be alert your highness, this is a country where money is being exposed. The money we have here us enough to attract thieves and bandits," you inform him.

"How do you know these?" Jungkook asks.

"The staff told me," you answered right back.

But you know that you just know because you have spent some time here. Jin as your companion.

Jungkook nods.

In less than thirty minutes, your company finally reached the port where the ship of your trader is already waiting for you.

"Remember to always follow my lead. We are dealing with foreigner here," you tell him again.

"I will Y/n," he affirms you.

You were about to step out but Jungkook pulls at your wrist.

"Be careful out there," he wants you to know that too.

He kisses the back of your hand and lets you leave.

Jungkook watches you start and finish the deal. The men starts loading all of the vaccines into an empty carriage being pulled by horses. When the last box was placed, people starts making a commotion nearby so naturally, Jungkook steps out of the carriage.

A horse is galloping it's way to you, a man in black riding it.

Jungkook starts running your way but was too late, the man in black pulled you up the horse and dashes away. The last words that you said was his name.

"Jungkook!!!!!!"

•••

Unedited