Chapter 34: Acceptance

~ו×~

~ו×~

You expected it. For people to know what happened in Welves. The travel back was the most tiring, more so that you easily get motion sick. You sigh when you saw Heeseung in the palace entrance. The king nowhere to be found.

"Where's the king?" You ask once an attendant opens the carriage door.

"His majesty is in one of the village lady Y/n," he answers.

"At this hour? Does he know what happened?" You asked.

"Aye, my lady. He's on his way back probably now,"

Jungkook helps you down, with face stoic. You try not to pay attention but he feels oike a different person again. But above all, you brace yourself for Heeseung's questions.

"Lady Y/n, prince Heeseung is in charge of your well-being as per the king's order," Jake speaks with his distinct accent.

Jungkook leads you inside with his hands around your shoulders and walks to Heeseung.

"I know you got this, but if you need help, call the king," Jungkook pats Heeseung's shoulder.

"I will brother," the youngest answers.

Your hand lingers in Jungkook's hand. The warmth still there.

"Thank you," you say.

Jungkook smiles and says, "Always my lady," while gently caresses the back of your head endearingly as if saying good bye.

Heeseung stares.

He then realizes what's happening.......

"Now, off you go. Heeseung will take care of you," Jungkook says and places your hand in Heeseung's.

The youngest grips your hands tightly and leads you to your room. Jungkook's warmth was replaced by Heeseung's.

"Lady Y/n," Heeseung starts. "I hope you realize what just happened,"

You look at him, deep down you don't want to admit it. You feign a shrug making Heeseung halt in the hallway. He faces you and releases a sigh.

"My brother, prince Jungkook, just said his good bye to you. Whatever it is that's between you, has just evaporated," Heeseung grabs your shoulder gently as if waiting for you to fall on your knees.

Your knees go weak but you stood your ground. You remember Jungkook's words in the carriage. Whatever you had was nothing compared to his loyalty.