Chapter 46: The Queen

~•×•~

~•×•~

The scent of stale blood enters Heeseung and Jake's nostrils. This must be something fresh as the bodies aren't still decaying. Heeseung looks at the singular lamp flickering in the middle of the bodies and runs fast back to his horse and gallops into the carriage's direction. Jake follows through.

"Hya!" Heeseung pressures the horse to run faster. "The light is still on, the attackers are near. Protect the queen," Heeseung orders Jake who's adrenaline starts rushing.

The two horses starts galloping faster and finally reached the carriage. Sunoo opens the door and was surprised to see the two with warped faces.

"Start the carriage! We need to go!" Jake instructs the people and so they obeyed. All the horses starts turning make and everyone rushes to get out of the village. Everyone is so confused and started asking questions to the men who's running the carriages but they also has no idea. Heeseung makes his horse run beside the carriage and so does Jake on the other wagon where the team is. Palace guards gets into protective formation and catches up with the carriage's pace. Everything is getting bumpy inside the carriage so you ask Sunoo what is happening.

"What is happening?"

"I don't know. Better not open your window. I'll ask the prince stay where you are, grab your weapon," Sunoo instructs you.

Your heart starts pounding fast and for some reason, you grow scared and nervous. Sunoo pushes the window open and directly sees Heeseung right beside their carriage.

"What's happening?" He asks him.

Heeseung stays looking forward and very alert when he answered Sunoo. "The entire village is massacred. Attackers are still in the area," he shortly answered.

You heard it and your eyes widen. Sunoo immediately closes the window and locks it from inside and turns to you. He holds your hand and squeezes it.

"You need to be alert tonight my queen," Sunoo encourages.

Your heart hammers in your chest and you can feel yourself sweat even in this climate. The darkness engulfs the surroundings and you practically could see nothing. The fog isn't helping and you swear your insides are trembling. Sunoo writes on a paper and attaches it the leg of a pigeon. He then proceeds to open the window and lets the bird fly.

"The palace needs to know what is happening here," he quickly answers.

Right when the pigeon flies away, all of you heard a whistle not far from where the lot of you are. Even though the carriages are still on the speed you could never imagine horses could run, you knew deep inside that this might be the last night you could ever be with your brother. You look at Sunoo who's readying his sword. Then another corresponding whistle was heard through the fog.

An row was shot front he darkness and hit one of the guards. A grunt was heard and then the sound of his body hitting the ground. You felt sick. Heeseung saw it and starts looking at the direction where the arrow came from. Arrows starts raining and everyone outside who's on their horses and the carriage drivers were hit. Including Heeseung who got an arrow stuck to his leg. He grunts so Jake had to look at the carraige still going at full speed. The horses makes noise in panic and you could hear their hooves continuously hitting the ground. A man from the shadows on a horse hurriedly galloped to catch up to the carriage and successfully got on the front to direct the horses. An enemy, has finally got ahold of the royal carriage. Heeseung acts quickly and jumps straight into where the enemy is and tries to fight him.

A fist lands on his face, Heeseung punches back. The enemy has the upper hand as his leg is still in pain. He didn't have time to remove the stuck arrow. Sunoo peers through the window in front of them, he saw an emblem.

"The North," he looks at you.

Anger overcomes your panic and makes your blood boil. "What do they want now?" You grit.

Before Sunoo could answer, you hear the screeching noise of the wheels, horses protesting at the upcoming impact. You were just about to turn left, a cliff to your right. The horses uses their full power to pull the carriage back on track but the sudden swerve with the abrupt turn made it hard for the horse to pull the carriage's weight back on to the road. As a result, the carriage dangles on the cliff with you and Sunoo inside.

"Hold on tight," Sunoo opens the door to reveal the cliff that you are all hanging from.

Harsh wind enters the carriage and blows your hair away from your face. The the carriage is still attached to the horses so Sunoo climbs his way out of the carriage, into eh side of it and up to the horses hoping he could direct them to pull the carriage up. He was successful in climbing into the driver's seat. You follow him suit and tries your best to climb up even though your clothes weighs a heavy and the wind isn't even helping. You were almost there but as he whips the rope that directs the horses, the carriage shaft breaks. Creaking of the carriage was what you heard before it finally lets the horses go, pulling Sunoo with them by the rope he was holding. The carriage falls and you expect to fall with it but a hand grasps your wrist from above. You look up to expect Heeseung or Jake but got surprised when it was Yoongi's eyes you met.

"I got you, don't worry," he said with calmness in his voice and worry on his face.

His lips are set into a grim line at the fear of forever loosing you. You look around as he pulls you up with all his strength, Jake and Sunoo are nowhere to be found. The horses has taken Sunoo with them and Jake is somewhere int he woods trying to find a way to help Heeseung who's at the moment battling with two men.

"Heeseung!" You call out to him but Yoongi pulls you back.

Heeseung looks your way and was about to run towards you but his enemy is requiring all his attention. You start to walk towards him as you were about to pick up a sword but Yoongi pulls you back by your arm and turns you. He lifts you by your waist and wasted no time in mounting it. He is right behind you grasping the strap of the horse from behind you.

"No Yoongi what the hell are you doing?!" You cream at him.

"You are coming home with me whether you like it or not," he gets through his teeth.

"I am in no way going anywhere. Release me at once!" You command him.

As if he was deaf, he didn't listen to you. Instead, he kicked his horse to start for its gallop.

"No!" You struggle and fight him.

"Come home with me without a fight and that young prince will be spared," Yoongi warned you.

You bite down on your lower lip and tremble in anger. You knew Heeseung wouldn't be able to fight those men alone so you kept quiet. Yoongi felt your body go rigid and had shut your mouth completely. The horse gallops into the sands. Yoongi whistles loudly to signal his men to fall back. Heeseung, with all his might he tried to follow you into the woods by foot. Right when he was about to enter, he saw Sunoo unconscious on the side of the road by the bushes. He looked ahead of the road to where you disappeared and back to Sunoo. He looks around for a horse to use but as he walks further, someone hit him in his head leaving him unconscious near Sunoo.

~•×•~

"Your majesty," prince Heeseung's pigeon came back with a letter!" The caretaker of the birds said while rushing his way to the king's office where Taehyung is seated.

The king immediately stood up and opened the scrolled paper and upon reading it, his face forms a grimace.

"This is not from my brother, it's front the king's brother. Call the guards, the queen is in danger!" Taehyung yelled.

•••