0.2

The alarm goes off once again after hitting the snooze button twice already. God, I really hate my life sometimes. I had my life planned out. I was going to go to college in the fall after I turned 18. I wanted to become a marine biologist. I always loved the water and the sea life, just amazed me.

Until that night....the night that Steven Carmichael ruined me.

I may complain about my life, but I would not change nothing for the world.

After I get dressed, I head downstairs to the kitchen. Momma is already in the kitchen fixing the kids breakfast.

" Good morning my little gobblers." I say as I kiss both of their little heads.

" Richard had to leave early baby can you drop them off today?" My momma asked as she handed me my cup of coffee.

My mom moved us into a larger apartment after having my little sister. As a 24-year old still living at home with my mother, it's weird. The weirdest part is being pregnant at the same time as my mother.

I have a really good job...I am that HR manager for the lumber yard here in town. After I found out I was pregnant with Jaden I started as a secretary and worked my way up.

"Mommy...you are so pretty." My little man tells me as I get him and my sister in the car.

" Thank you little man...you are so handsome."

When we get to the school I meet up with Emma. She is Jaden's teacher.

" Hey babes...we are having a cookout this weekend and Jared told me to make sure you guys come." She said giving me a quick hug then grabbing Jaden and Gabby's hand.

" Free food and beer my butt will be there." We both laughed.

Emma married Steven's friend and now has three kids. I was jealous for a while but then I got over it.

We got a new supervisor last week.  Charles Lightborn....We have been talking a little bit. He asked me to go out to dinner with him some time this week. I think I will finally let myself have a little fun. I haven't dated anyone since I got pregnant with Jaden.

" Good morning sweetheart" Charlie came up from behind me as I stepped in my office. I turned and smiled.

" Good morning to you."

" Hey can I get an app...my brother is coming back home, and he will be looking for a job."

" Umm yeah sure." I bent down and opened the bottom draw. I heard him growl....what the hello...it made me feel good about myself.

I handed to him...
" Oh I'll be leaving early today. Going to pick my brother up from the airport...you wanna have dinner with me tonight?" He asked smiling at me.

" Yeah sure....what time?"

" Who about I pick you up at 7?"

" Sounds good"

I'm sure momma won't mind watching Jaden for me. I'll make it up to her and Richard this weekend. I'll take Gabby with me to the cookout.

The day goes by smoothly.  I am kind of nervous about tonight. I have never really liked anyone since Steven. I have been afraid to. He hurt me in more ways than one. When he left he took more than my virginity with him. He also took my heart. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I got home around 5:30 I asked my momma about watching Jaden. She was a little surprised that I had a date.  Don't worry momma so am I.

There is something about Charlie that draws me to him. He is a little bit taller than me with very dark brown hair that he keeps pulled back in a ponytail. His eyes are deep golden brown and his personality is something out of one of those romance novels.

After my shower I blow dry my hair and put a little bit of make up on. He has seen me for the last week or so with no make up at all on.

I wasn't sure where we were going so I decided to wear a black dress that either be causal or dressy. It covers my fat tummy and hides my huge hips.

I have to tell myself that he is not Steven and he is not just gonna want to fuck me then leave me.

It's a quarter until seven when I walk down stairs. Momma has the kids in the living room watching cartoons while Richard and her are sitting at the kitchen table.

" Wow baby you look amazing...so who is the lucky guy?" Momma asked as I sat down.

" Charlie from work."

" Charles the new plant supervisor?" Richard asked. He is the lead supervisor for the main plant. He is the reason I got my job. I just nodded with a smile.

" Just be careful my love..."

" Yes Daddy" I say teasing him. He has been so wonderful to my mother.

I am not sure how he is going to react to me having Jaden...if he is not okay with it...we will only be able to be friends.

Charlie was right on time when he knocked on the door. Gosh darn nab rabbits I feel like a teenager again all of a sudden.

We went to a little BBQ restaurant in town. It has a relaxing setting. We talked about different things. He told me about how he moved here to help his mother for a little while and then felt like home here. I guess he and his brother weren't raised together or whatever but he seemed happy he was moving back home.

I told him about how I still live with my mom and then he asked why....
Well here goes nothing
" I have a six-year-old son."

He didn't act weirded out about it or anything. I told him about how it was one night thing and I have never seen Jaden's father again. Which I will probably never see him again.