4.1

His Secret Love

4.1

Steven signed the paperwork for the house. It's official he is now a home owner. Him and Charlie have already started working on it. Jaden is also helping well he thinks he is helping. Steven has so much patients with him. He has really proven a lot of people wrong. The main one, me. 

 The major stuff that needs to be fixed right away is already done in the house.  They could move into it now if they wanted to. Steven wants to get Jaden's room and his mother done before anything else.  I have already moved the spare bed that we had at my momma's over to his house. He just needs to get him a dresser. Jaden will probably spend a lot of time over there once they get moved in. 

We are at the grocery store right now getting stuff for tomorrow. Steven and Charlie are having a cookout for him and his buddies that are going to help with moving. They want me to come but I am nervous about facing their mother. I have not seen her in over 7 years. Ms. Patti is a nice woman don't get me wrong but I am the woman that kept her grandson away from her and now the woman that is dating not one but both of her son's. 

" Babe, I don't know why you are stressing over my mom. She has always loved you." Steven tries to tell me as we walk through the store.

" Yeah loved...is the key word."

" She understands why you did what you did. She said she respects you for it" He grabbed my hand and pulled me back to him.

" We have talked to her about everything….she doesn't think ill of you at all….please baby." 

Gosh darn nab rabbits...he is too cute when he begs. 

" Steven, oh my it is you." A female voice squealed from behind us. 

" Jenn said she saw you. I didn't believe her." 

She hugged him like I wasn't even standing there holding his hand. 

I could tell Steven was very uncomfortable. He pulled away from her…..

" Stephanie….this is Catalina." He introduced me. No title, just my name. 

" Oh hey I know you ... you're the HR manager at the plant." She said like it was an insult.

" Yep, that would be me…..hey I'm going to get Jaden's snacks." I smiled and started to walk away. 

" Wait babe I'll come with you." Steven told me as he reached for my hand again.

" Oh Jenn said you were single."  

" Nope, very much not single…" Steven told her and then kissed my cheek. I don't think that made Jenn or whatever her name is happy. She gave me the stank eye. I wanted to laugh but kept it to myself. 

" Well, keep in touch…." She said with a smirk on her face. 

" I'm sorry about that babe." Steven apologized.

" Steven, you have nothing to be sorry about. We only share a child….we haven't even talked about what really is going on between us." I told him not looking at him. 

I picked up Jaden's favorite chips and dip, putting them in the cart. 

" I know we haven't talked about it yet….I don't feel like we need to. At least on my part. I know where you stand in my life." He cupped my cheek. 

" I'm not single….I am in a relationship with the mother of my son. I don't know what to call it or if it even has a title. It doesn't matter….I am with you however you will take me." 

Fudge sickles….and cue in the tears. He is right, we haven't talked about what is going on between us. I have just been letting things happen. 

" Ok…." I said, wiping the tears away.

" I don't think the frozen section is a good place to talk about this. Let's finish getting what we need and get it to your house." 

" Our house Catalina….I want it to be your home as well." He told me and kissed my forehead. 

" I was thinking of painting the living room a light tan, maybe off white….what do you think babe?" Steven asked me as we were putting the grocery's away. 

I looked over my shoulder and he was leaning on the counter freaking shirtless….when did that happen? His bare chest was calling my name…..' come Catalina rub your hands all over me….'  

" Yeah...uhh yeah that sounds good" I answered quickly trying to stop myself from molesting him. 

He laughed….then walked closer to me. I could feel his body heat on my back. 

" God you are so sexy when you blush." He whispered in my ear. Shivers went down my spine. 

" You don't have to be afraid to touch me….I am yours Cat…." 

I dropped my head down trying to get a hold of myself. There is a big part of me that is afraid of him. Afraid of him hurting me again. I think that is why I can't allow myself to give into him. Lord knows I want to. I want to be able to give him what he wants. 

" Steven...I'm scared. I'm scared of you walking away again…." I turned around and faced him.

" I want to take the next step with you so bad…..but I can't get hurt again. I just got over what happened between us after all of these years and then you came back. I wanted you to stay gone. I never wanted to face you again. But now I feel myself falling all over again." 

He wiped the falling tears….

" Catalina, I am not going anywhere. My life is  here now, my life is with you and Jaden. I walked away once never again baby. I don't care even if I have to share you with my brother. You are my home. I know it has only been a few weeks but I never want to go another day without you in my life. I love you, I fell in love with you years ago. I just wasn't man enough to admit it. I am now." 

He grabbed me in his arms and held me as I cried. I want to trust him…. But can I?