2.1

After we ate breakfast, Charlie asked me to step outside with him. I knew right then Cat must have told him. I wouldn't say nothing until he did.

" So...Catalina and I made it official last night. We are together."

I know this is not what he brought me out here for. Hearing that they are more than seeing each other stung badly.

" She told me about the night before you left...."
Bam, there it was. Fuck, what am I supposed to say....' yeah I took her virginity and then left the next morning.... and I have not been able to forget her'

" Man, I was young and stupid..."

" Save it Steve...it's in the past. All that matters now is that we are together. Whatever you had in the past that is the past." He said bit it was almost like he was holding something back.

Cat walked out of the house. She looked almost scared that me and Charlie were talking.

She walked over to us and wrapped her arm around Charlie. He looked down at her and smiled. She nodded her head at him.

" Umm Steven I need to talk to you...can we go sit down?" She asked pointing at the picnic table.

Charlie and her sat on one side and me on the other. Why did I feel like this was going to be bad...very bad.

" The night...whatever happened between us ruined my life...well the life I had planned."

" Listen Cat...I"

" No please let me finish...you changed my life so much. And really I can't and won't ever say I wouldn't change it for anything." She had tears running down her face and Charlie held her closer.
" You gave me the best birthday present."

Oh, fuck...... Here it goes ' you are the father' played in my head.

" Jaden is your son Steven", she just blurted it out.

" Are you sure Cat?" I asked knowing that little boy in the house is my twin. Fuck I am so fucking stupid. Of course she is for sure.

" Yes Steven...have you looked at that little boy damn he is you made all over. God man." My brother hissed as he shook his head.

" I have never told him who is father was and I have never bad mouthed you. All he knows..."

" Is that I gave you the best birthday present ever and left. I know Cat.... He told me last night. I knew yesterday when I watched him playing with Charlie."

" I don't know where to go from here. You don't have no responsibility you can walk away. I will never hold it against you. I have been raising him alone and will continue to do so." More tears fell with each word she said.
" He doesn't ever have to know."

" Who knows he is mine Cat?" I said ashamed of my actions and words.

" Just the three of us brother..."

" I lied and told everyone I got pregnant when I went to my aunt's...but that was the reason I went. I didn't want anyone thinking ill of you or to think I was just trying to trap you. Beside no one would have believed me anyhow."

I knew no one would believe her is she had told anyone the truth. It's not like I let anyone know about how I felt about her.

I looked up and watched my son...our son run to us.
" Mommy, aunt Emma said that she has packed a picnic for us to take to the park..." He said with so much excitement in his voice.

" Ok baby we will be ready in a minute...mommy is talking to Mr. Steven and Charlie" she explained to him giving him a hug. She is a wonderful mother. He ran back inside.

" I want to be in his life Cat... I want to be his father..." I told her. I held back the tears that I wanted to release....I will more and likely breakdown at home.

My only question was how are we going to tell him that I was his father....the brother of his mother's boyfriend.

" Ok... I will figure out a way to tell him the truth...there is going to be a lot of questions not from just him but from everyone Steven are you sure you are ready for this?"

Right now I didn't care about what anyone else thought or whatever...all I care about is getting to know my son.