5.4

After an amazing weekend, it was time to get back to our real lives....work. I laid in bed for a little while longer this morning. I just didn't have the energy to get up. I was listening to the guys talking. I couldn't make everything out that they were saying though.

I sat up to start my day but all of a sudden I felt dizzy.  I knew that something was wrong. I called out for the guys....

Charlie.....

When I heard Cat call out, I smiled. The sound of her voice sends something warm throughout my body. I looked over at my stupid ass brother and he was grinning. Before I knew it he took off running. I was on his heels.

Steven ran to the side of the bed and then I seen why. Cat was on her knees on the floor. Her face was pale and she was sweating.

"I think she needs to go to that hospital." Steven looked at me. I right away called an ambulance.

She kept on trying to say she was ok but I could tell she wasn't.

"I probably just got a stomach virus. I will be fine." She told us.
It didn't take long for the ambulance to come. Of course momma started freaking out, we didn't have a chance to tell her yet.

I told Steven to ride with her in the ambulance and we would meet him at the hospital.

"Uncle Charlie, is momma going to be ok?"  How do you answer something like that when you don't even know yourself.

"Yeah man, you know your momma is a very strong woman." I tried to sound as playful as I could.

Momma was standing in the kitchen shaking her head...
"She's not sick..." She hissed. I right away knew what she was saying. I didn't want to think about it and get my hopes up just to be let down.

Steven was standing outside the emergency room entrance when we walked up. His eyes told the story of a strong man with a weakness...Catalina. I am sure mine said the same thing.

"The doctor is in the room right now. Plus I needed some air." It must had been a rough ride, his voice broken.

I grabbed into a hug...
"She going to be alright. She to stubborn."
He let a small laugh ...
"I know man but fuck .." he pulled away from me...
"From the first day I laid my eyes on her, she walked out and that is all it took." He looked down at little man and shook his head.
"The first chance I got I hurt her. I was able to walk away like nothing happened. She couldn't walk away from that night."
His hands went to his face and he let out...
"Fuck man I can't lose her."

Before anything else could be said a nurse came out...
"Mr. Carmichael?"

We all turned and looked at her.
"Miss Lockhart is asking for you and Charlie."

Something must be wrong...

Back to Cat....

After Steven walked out the doctor asked me a few questions. Some made no sense to me and then there was...
" When was your last period?"
I never really thought about the possibility...no I can't be. Fuck fuck fuck!!!
The doctor laughed...
"So I'm am taking that as you might be pregnant."
I looked up at her and smiled...
"I will run a test before we start anything else."
She patted my leg smiling at me before she walked out.

Dropping my head into my hands I start thinking. I guess none of us had taken precautions to prevent getting pregnant. I think I am ready for another little one. Jaden is in school, work is going good and now with Steven working in the office with me I would able to take leave to have the baby. I smile at the thought of a little one growing inside of me again. This time I might be able to enjoy being pregnant. I enjoyed feeling Jaden grow inside of me but the happiness was filled with loneliness.

The doctor didn't take long coming back into the room. She had a clear cup and a pregnancy test.
"I figured we would do it this way first, if it comes back negative I will have to draw blood to be positive." I just nodded. She handed me the cup and I walk in to the bathroom.

"So if you are it would be your second pregnancy?" She asked me as she started the test.

"Yes ma'am" I answered feeling like the little teenager again.

"You think the father will be happy?"

Would the guys be happy?

"Yeah I think they will be." Realizing what I said I facepalm myself.

" Honey I am not here to judge anyone, as long as you and your men are happy." Making feel a little better about my big mouth.

She looked at her watch and back down at the test...
" Well Momma, congratulations."