3.3

Things between Jaden and Steven are going really well. He is actually on his way to come get Jaden. The time has come for him to let his mother meet him. I had asked if he wanted me to come. He told me he would like to do it on his own. 

We had an endless talk about our relationship. After discussing it, we decided to wait until his relationship with Jaden had grown stronger. At first I thought it was because of me he wanted to wait. Then he explained he wanted to give his attention to his son, getting to know him. 

Tonight, while Steven has Jaden, Charlie is taking me out. Our relationship is something out of a romance novel. Not yet the steamy ones, but I have a feeling it will get there soon. After getting Jaden ready, and Steven picked him up, I could ready myself . 

My mother was standing in the doorway laughing at me threw clothes all over the place.  I dont know why I make this so hard on myself. 

" Baby, you could wear a trash bag and that man will still think you are the sexiest woman in the world." momma says as she walks into my closet and pulls out a light pink blouse and a pair of black skinny jeans. How in the hello does she do that? 

She sat on the bed and we talked as I got dressed. It started off with questions about work then led to Steven being my asst, and then jumped right into....
" So both of them huh?" 
Technically, I'm only seeing Charlie right now. My mother is a very open-minded woman. In addition to respecting my opinions, she understands them. 
She braided my hair for me and helped with my makeup. She made me wish that I would have dated in highschool now. 

Richard answered the door when Charlie showed up. When I came down stairs they were talking about work. I swear everyone I know works at the plant but Emma. Charlie was in the middle of saying something when his eyes landed on me. Richard let out a chuckle.
" We will finish talking tomorrow, man."

Charlie stood and his sexy smile hypnotized me as he walked to me.
" Well hello there beautiful" saying as he kissed my cheek.

We told my parents bye and left.

We went to a small Italian restaurant. One that I didn't even know was here in town. Miss Gerald's from the plants grand daughter sat us at a table in the corner. Charlie sat beside me instead of sitting across from me. He placed his arm behind me resting it on the back of the chair. I really wanted his arm wrapped around me.

We chatted about different things...there were really no silent moments. Half way through dinner my phone rang. I saw it was Steven ... afraid something was wrong I rushed to answer it. I had thought that Charlie would get upset but he didn't.

" Hey everything okay" I asked instead of saying hello.
" Woo momma bear everything is good. I was just calling to check in and to ask if it was okay that I keep Jaden tonight?"
It was Friday night so he didn't have school tomorrow...
" Are you sure? I mean I don't mind but he can be handful." I told him.
" Yes, I'm sure and he is ok..." He said with so much confidence.
" Ok well then I guess I'll see y'all tomorrow....have fun"
" Alright...thanks"

I hung the phone and told Charlie. He got a huge smile on his face....
" Spend the night with me." He said lowering his arm to my shoulders and pulled me closer.
" I'll get us a room."

My stomach tightened up. I started becoming nervous. Am I ready for what may happen? There is a part of me that is screaming ' yes yes remember his huge hands...yes all over your body', then there is ' the pain remember it hurt...not only physically but emotionally also.'

Charlie deserves a chance... He is a really good man.

My eyes met his....
" Ok...can we stop at my house first so I can get a change of clothes?"

" Really...you will...oh yes, of course, baby." He looked like he just won the lotto.

We finished our dinner....then headed to my house than his.

I stayed in the truck...I didn't want to interrupt Stevens night with Jaden. Steven came out to the truck.

" Hey there ..." He said making me jump as he stood in the window.

" I just wanted to tell you again thank you...you don't know what this means for my mother."

I just smiled at him...for some reason I started feeling guilty. There is no reason for me to feel this way...Steven and I only share Jaden right now. And to be honest I don't know if I could in a relationship with him. Well at least right now.

" He is half yours too so I have to learn how to share..."

" Yeah I have to learn also...but not just him." He kissed my cheek and went back inside. I think I saw a bit of hurt in his face.

Charlie came out with his bag and we left. It's going to be a little hard getting Steven off my mind but I'm sure....Someone will have no problem helping me.