1.3

Seeing her face again brought back the night before I left. Somehow I can still remember it like it was yesterday. I still remember how her body felt against mine.

The way she was acting was as if she was trying to forget who I was. I know she remembers just as much as I do.

When she looked down at her son, it was like fear took over her whole body.

" No way. really Cat.....how have you been?" I asked ...she didn't answer. Right then, something told me there was something wrong.

 " Wait, y'all know each other?" My brother asked. He pulled her to him a little more. It killed me as I watched my little brother with the woman that has never left my mind nor dreams. 

 " Yeah Cat lived next door to me and momma before I left." I told him. Maybe she never told anyone just as I didn't.  She was my secret. I couldn't stop looking at her.  I can not believe that she is here just yesterday I let myself believe she was gone and I would never see her again. Not that it matters now. She is seeing my little brother. 

" Wow what a small world" Charlie commented . . I watched her snuggle more against Charlie as he kissed her cheek. That should be me. 

I tried to pull my attention away from her but I found it too hard to. Jerrod was telling Charlie about all the crazy shit we did when we were teenagers. We really did some crazy things. 

" Your brother was a real ladies man... He always had some chick attached to his arm." Jerrod said.
" Well that was until about a week or so before he left... He didn't fuck around....you would have thought he would get him some before he left." Emma hit him and told him nobody needed to hear about our crazy shit. Well she didn't say shit she said stuff. I haven't heard either of the ladies say a cuss word. 

" Jaden mommy is going to the bathroom.... listen to your aunt Emma, I'll be right back." brought my attention back to Cat. She kissed my brother 
"I'll be right back," she told him, and he smacked her ass.
 " You better"

I wonder if he found out about what happened between us if he would want to still be with her. She seems to make him happy.

"Charlie will you push me on the swing." The little boy asked him.
" Sure little man let's go." They take off to the swing set. He seems to be a well mannered boy. I wonder what happened with his father. As I watched Charlie with him it made me think...the kid is six years old....fuck there is no way. That means she got pregnant right after I left. My mother did say she left to go stay with her aunt.

The more I looked at him things started popping out. His eyes are blue and he has light brown hair.

" Hey man I'm gonna go get a beer...you want one?" I asked Jerrod as I started walking inside. I really didn't need another but it was an excuse to go and talk to Cat.

When I walked in she was standing at the counter making her another drink. I know I shouldn't but I could not stop myself. I walked up behind her and presses my body against her backside.

" I never stopped thinking about you Cat." I whispered in her ear
" You sure have grown up little one" she started breathing heavy.

" Please Steven leave me alone.... I am seeing Charlie, and I am happy" I turned her around to face me. The look in her eyes told me she remembers....tears rolled down her face. I wiped them away.

"So my little Cat....who is that cute kids father?" I asked her staring in her eyes. When she pulled away from without saying anything told me she is hiding something something big....I will find out.

She didn't leave my brothers side for the rest of the night. I caught her looking at me a couple of times. One time I winked at her.

" Hey man you have been drinking how about you crash on the couch." Jarrod told me.

" Thanks man...I'll take you up on that"

Emma was already inside with the kids. She made up the couch for me and told me to make myself at home.

I laid down and started thinking. My shit head of a brother didn't even tell me he was leaving.

A few minutes later I heard little foot steps come down the stairs. I looked over and it was Jaden. I sat up...
" Hey bud...you ok?" I asked him

" Yes sir, I just came to get a drink of water." He said quietly. I got a chance to really look at him.

" So how old are you little man?" I asked him.

" I am six...Gabby and me are the same age, she is older though."

" So where is your dad?"

" I don't have one...mommy told me he left after giving her the best birthday present she could ever get."
Fuck.fuck. I am sitting here looking at my son.

" Oh wow, well you better go and get your water and get to bed...your aunt Emma means business." He walked into the kitchen and then off to bed.

I could not believe this shit is happening....maybe I'm wrong. But do I wanna be wrong?