5.3

She stood there with her hands over her mouth. Her eyes didn't know who they wanted to focus on.

I knew I should have just let Steven ask her. He is the one she will marry legally anyhow.

I went to stand up. I will just walk away and let them enjoy their moment. Steven stopped me and gave me a look I don't recognize. I wish I would have been able to grow up with him. It's sad I don't even really know my brother.

When she dropped to her knees in front of us, I could see the tears rolling down her cheeks. I hope they are happy tears.

" You guys sure...I mean are I am what you want to spend the rest of your life with?"

I didn't give Steven the chance to say anything...

" Catalina Lockhart, the day I walked into your office I knew I had to have you in my life. At that moment I didn't care how, even if it was just as friends. Then when you said yes to lunch, that's when I knew I needed more. I am positive I want to spend the rest of my life with you....even if I have to put up with him." I told her. The last sentence made her laugh.

" Hey man, why did you take my words asshole." Steven blurted out. She laughed even more.

" Guys, I don't need to hear your words, you both have shown me and Jaden where we belong and how you both feel about us." She looked down at her hands for a moment then popped her head up.

" I know I can't marry the both of you legally...but it's only a piece of paper anyhow."

" YES" she yelled

" My mommy is getting married...we are going t ok be a real family." Jaden comes running to us yelling.

" Does that mean I have two dads now?"

I answered him.

" No, buddy..you will have your dad and your uncle man."

Cat's eyes flooded with tears.

"You are such a sweet man." She whispered and cupped my face.

Steven slipped the ring on her finger that took us almost two weeks to pick out. How do you find a ring as beautiful as her? You don't. Close enough though.

Jared came over to me after we got done eating. In the short time, I have known him we have become good friends. I can see why he is Steven's best friend.

"Hey man."
He said pulling my attention away from staring at the woman I love.
" Emma and I are taking Jaden tonight, actually for the weekend. Momma Pattie is coming with us."

Momma going with them shocked me. I guess they wanted to give us some time to ourselves.

Catalina was in Jaden's room when I went to find her. She was sitting on his bed. She looked up at me as I walked to her, standing between her legs.
"I swear I am dreaming," She whispered. The smile on her face made me happy.

"No, babe you are not dreaming," I told her, cupping her chin in my hand.

"Charlie, are you sure you really want this? I mean we have only been together for a short period." Why would she doubt me, haven't I shown her I love her? I have known that she was the one for me for so long now. The way she makes me feel, I can't even put it into words. I just know that I love the feeling.

"Catalina my love, yes I am. I couldn't imagine spending my life with anyone else." I try to ensure her.

She stood up in front of me and pulled me into a hug.

"I love you, Charlie, I am just afraid that I will lose you."

"Never baby never would I walk away from you and Jaden. You are my life now and forever."

"And what about me also being in a relationship with Steven?" She asked shyly.

"What about it? I don't mind it at all, I know he makes you just as happy as I do. I love seeing you happy and I will do whatever I have to do to keep you that way."

Everyone left, leaving the three of us alone. I wasn't sure what to do, so I made my way to the livingroom. I heard Cat and Steven finally come back inside after telling everyone bye.

"Where is your other husband baby, I wanna get this weekend started just the three of us?"

Damn, even my brother knows how to make things not only feel but sound perfect when it comes to Catalina Lockhart.