1.0

I sat at my desk, going through the new apps, when Charlie walked in.

" Good morning beautiful." He said before coming around my desk and lifting my chin for a kiss.
Over the past week, we have been spending some time together. Having lunch and hanging out at the house with kids. It's been really nice having him around. He has not been pushing about anything. What is really nice is that he and Jaden have been getting along really well.

I thought it was going to be a problem, but Charlie has accepted that if he wants a relationship....Well, I think that's what I can call it; he has to understand that my life isn't always easy. I can't just jump up and go out.

" I was going to give you my brother's app, but Mr. Mason took it this morning... he said he would handle it for you." He said as he was walking back around my desk.

" Cool that means more and likely he is gonna hire him." I said smiling at him.

" I have to go play stupidvisor ....I'll come back to get lunch."

I laughed at his little joke about himself being a supervisor.

My assistant called and told me that Mr. Mason wanted a new hire pack. I got it and headed to his office.

We have always got along. He is an older man, he was one of the first employees here when the plant opened.

I knocked on his door. Yelled out it was open. I walked in and smiled at me.

" Good morning my love..." He said as he stood walking meeting me half way giving me a half hug. I handed him the new hire folder.

" I wanna hire this guy I think he will be a really good asset to the company. I was thinking maybe having him work with you for a bit."

" Sure whatever you think is good, I could always use help."
Working with Charlie's brother might be so bad. I guess.

Mr. Mason was going to handle Charlie's brother's hire.

I had not been paying attention to the time after I got back to my office. A light knock on my door made me jump. I yelled outcome in.

" Hey you ready, I thought we could go to the diner down the road today?" Charlie asked standing in the doorway.

I looked at the time and grabbed my purse and phone. We headed out.

I had asked Emma if it was ok if Charlie came with me tomorrow for the cookout last night. Of course she got all excited and said yes. I am gonna ask him if he wanted to go with me and the kids.

We ate our lunch and I asked him.
" Yeah, I would love to go." He said. Damn I feel like I'm 18 again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I got the kids ready for the cookout today. Charlie is picking us up and about an hour. My mother and Richard went out for the day. So it was just me and the kids at the house.

Charlie text me and let me know he was on his way. I am starting to feel a certain way about him that kind of scares me. I have not allowed myself to get close to anyone. I have been so afraid of getting hurt. I can't go through another heart break.....

When we got to Emma's and Jerrod's the kids took off running to play. I found Emma and introduced Charlie to her. I could tell she like him already....so did I.

Emma has been my best friend since we were in elementary school. There is one thing that I have ever kept from her.....Who Jaden's father was. She doesn't even know that I had sex with Steven. She has always believed I got pregnant when I went and stayed with my aunt. I knew that she and Jerrod got together and I didn't want my problems to ruin her relationship with Steven's best friend. After he left....no one ever brought him up.

Jerrod came over and gave me a hug.
" Cat it is really good to see you."
Jerrod works at the plant as well but he is a driver. We never get to see each other.

" Jer this is Charlie..." they shook hands.
" Hey, wait, you're the new supervisor at the plant." Jerrod said
" Y'all two...ummm"

I looked over at Charlie, he wrapped his arm around me...
" We are seeing each other."

" Well don't let that HR manager know she can be a real you know what." Jerrod said teasing me.

Charlie hit it off with Jerrod....I thought to myself how fucking perfect he is. He gets along with my son and now my friends. I am waiting for the other shoe to fall....it seems too good to be true.

The guys went one way and us ladies went the other. I told Charlie that we would meet up soon. There were a lot of people here...the kids were having a good time. I was happy.