3.0

My mind is so blown right now. Well, it has been for the past two days.

Last night Charlie and Steven both came over to house, and we all had dinner with my mom and Richard. Oh boy, was it weird.

" Mom, Steven and I need to tell you something." I blurted out after the kids went up to their rooms. She gave me a very odd look. I could only imagine what was going through her head.

" When I came back from Aunt Kelly's and I told you I was pregnant...and I said I met a guy...well, I lied."
Her face went pale.
" I was pregnant before I even left." Steven grabbed my hand and Charlie rubbed my back. I was fighting back the tears. I had always felt bad for lying to my mother for all these years.

" Catalina baby what are you trying to say?" Richard said now comforting my mother

" The night of my 18th birthday...." Well here came the tears...
" Mom Steven is Jaden's father."

My mother just stared at me until she broke her silence.
" Baby why did you lie?"

" Mom I was afraid...I was afraid of what people would say about him....I didn't want to ruin his career." Steven grabbed me and pulled me close.

Now we just have to find away to tell Jaden.

My office door slowly opened. I looked up and a smile crossed my face.
Charlie was leaning against the doorway with an iced coffee in his hand. Gosh he is so handsome...Steven and him are like night and day.

Charlie has dark long hair and amazing brown eyes. He is caring and affectionate. Steven has short light brown hair with ocean blue eyes. He has a wild side.

" Good morning handsome what brings you to my office sir?" I asked him as I stood up from my chair.
We met half way handing me my coffee and kissing my lips softly.

" I found this on my way to work...so I thought of you."

" Oh....hmmm or was it you just found a excuse to see me."

" No to kiss you." He said kissing the side of my face.
" God you smell so fucking delicious."

There is a lot of sexual tension between us. He has been nothing but patient with me. The truth is I am scared...I have never been with anyone since my 18th birthday....in my head sex hurts. I am sure it always won't hurt but I am afraid to even try.

" I was thinking how about we take the kids to the beach this weekend..." He said kissing my neck causing something that I have never felt. I was trying to hold back from moaning but yeah that didn't work. Then little moan slipped out of my mouth. He chuckled as he pulled away from me ....

" Think about babe...I got to get to work." He said walking out.

Think about what...how I want to feel your hands all over my body...oh yeah think about going to the beach....

" Ok I will see you at lunch." I called out returning to my desk.

I am not sure how this thing with me being with both Steven and Charlie is going to work. I know I do have feeling for them both. It's different feelings though.

My feelings for Steven I have had for years, they have faded over the years but they are still there. I think it's mostly because he is Jaden's father.

My feelings for Charlie are new and strong. And they have only got stronger with each day that goes by.

After an uneventful day I headed home. I was greeted by my handsome little man.
" Mommy...mommy your home" he yelled running to me as I walked into the house. I gave him a big hug before I even put my purse down.

When we sat down at the dinner table he told me he had a paper to show me. When he said that Gabby started to say...
" I don't know why you are excited about it...Jaden you don't even have a dad."
My eyes flew to her then to my mother. My stomach knotted up and the lump in my throat almost choked me.
" My mommy can go..." He hand me the paper and I wanted to cry.

The top said....

Bring you dad to school day....

" Mommy do you think Charlie would come?" He asked. The sadness in his voice broke my heart.

" Richard will you take Gabby upstairs for a minute...." My mother asked. The look on her face told me it was time.

" You need to call him." She told me. I knew she was right.

I walked out of the room to call.

As the phone rang I felt sick...

" Hey Cat what's up" he said as he answered the phone.
" I need you to come to the house."
" Sure babe....when?"
" Now...we have a problem."
" I am on my way..." I heard him grabbing his keys.
" Everything ok Cat?" He asked as I heard his house door close.
" Umm yeah" and the tears fell.
" I just need you here right now"

I waited for him on the front porch. It didn't talk him long at all seeing that he lives across town.  He barely turned his truck off before rushing out to me.

" Babe what's wrong?" He said cupping my cheeks with both hands.

I took a deep breath...
" It's time to tell him.... He needs to know." I cried

" Ok...but are you sure your ready?" He asked
I nodded yes and began to tell him what was said at the dinner table.

We walked into the house and my little man's eyes met mine.
" Mommy are you ok why are you crying?" He asked...my little protector.
" I'm ok gobber... But mommy and Mr. Steven need to talk to you about something."

" Ok mommy but if it about the dad think I don't have to go I'm sorry for upsetting you." The sadness in his voice hurt so bad. I looked over to Steven and I saw the same look in his eyes.

" Baby you did nothing to upset me at all...let's go sit at the table with grandma."

We sat down Steven next to me and my mother moved to sit next to Jaden.

" Baby you remember me telling you that your father gave me the best birthday present ever." I began...he nodded his head yes then said...
" He gave you me."

" Yes baby he did..." I watched his eyes turn to Steven then back to me. Steven held my hand under the table.

" Jaden, baby Mr. Steven is the man that gave you to me."
His eyes got wide and looked at Steven.
" Jaden, baby look at mommy please."
He looked at me with a little smile.
" Do you know what this means baby?"

" Does that mean he is my dad?"

" Yes, Jaden I am your dad...I know it is a lot for a little man." Steven took over for me.

" Why did you leave...mommy said I am the best thing ever."

" I didn't know bud...I had to leave for the Marines. If I had known Jaden things would have been different... mommy was scared..." He told him.

" Does this mean you will come to my dad's day with me?" Jaden asked Steven with so much excitement in his voice.

" Yeah buddy...if you want me to." Steven told him... Jaden took off running upstairs.
He started yelling to Gabby.

" I have a dad Gabby ....Gabby my dad came back."

Steven wrapped his arms around my shoulders and pulled me to him kissing my forehead.