1.2

Jaden came to me and Emma and told us that Charlie wanted me to come meet someone. I didn't think he would know anyone here.... Maybe someone from the plant.

Jaden took Gabby and went running back to Charlie. I laughed because that little boy already thinks the world of Charlie. 

We finished up the sides for the cookout. Emma made me a potent drink. She said if nithing else she would set up the guest room for me and Jaden and Gabby could sleep in the kid's room. The thought of spending the night with Charlie excited me a little...okay, a lot. 

"Come on, lady, let's go see who that cutie of a man you brought wants you to meet..." Emma giggled. I know it is shocking to her I have let my wall down a little. If she only knew how he really made me feel. 

I could already feel my drink working its power. 

We walked out of the house and my eyes landed on my son, sister and the sexy man that I guess you could say I am seeing.  We got half-way to them and I realized I left my drink on the counter. 

 " Pop sickle sticks I left my drink." I told Emma so i turned back to go get it. 

When I got to Charlie he told me his brother was here. He had gone to help Jerrod with something. He pulled me into his arms hugging me tight.
" Thank you for letting me come with you and the kids baby." He whispered to me. I felt so wonderful in his arms. 
"Look Gab's mommy and Charlie are hugging" My brat said making both of us laugh.

" Please excuse my son he has never seen me with anyone." 

" Hmm he is okay baby, I am just happy that I get the chance to show you there are some good guys left." He hummed to me. Okay damn it Charlie you need to stop. He ran his hand down my back as he started kissing my cheek. Leading to my lips. 

I heard Jerrod's loud mouth coming back. I didn't want to leave the warmth of Charlie's arms. 

Charlie told me "Babe, this is my brother", causing me to turn around in his arms. 
My eyes met his... a man that has haunted me for the past 7 years, the man that broke me. I could feel the pain rising in my chest. This can not be he can not be the brother of the man that has brought my smile back.....the one he took away from me. I looked down at my son and back at him. I can't not let him know. 'Okay Catalina put a smile on your face'. 

" No way. really Cat.....how have you been?" He asked....'Oh! I have been okay, you know, just raising the son you left inside me the night before you left'

" Wait y'all know each other?" Charlie aked me holding me tighter. What do I tell him? ' Yeah that little boy that is playing at our feet is his son, your nephew.'

" Yeah Cat lived next door to me and momma before I left." Steven told Charlie. 

Oh! God, please stay cool, Catalina, nobody knows what he did....what we did. He can never know the truth about Jaden. He wouldn't believe it anyhow. I can do this. 

Steven was just standing there staring at me like he had seen a ghost. He has changed since the last time I saw him. He no longer has the body of a hot teenager. He now has the body of a gorgeous man. His hair is now cut short, his eyes still as blue as I remember. FUCK ME..... 

I can't react how I really want to .... I want to grab my son and sister and leave and never look back. 

" Wow what a small world" Charlie said kissing my cheek. Yeah if he only knew.  

I stayed in Charlie's arms, just listening to them all talk. I thought maybe if I just stayed quiet nobody would know that I was dying inside. 

" Jaden mommy is going to the bathroom.... listen to your aunt Emma, I'll be right back." I told my sweet little boy. 
I stood on my tippy toes and gave Charlie a kiss...
"I'll be right back" 
He smacked my butt...
" You better" He smiled that killer smile. Nothing like his brother's. 

I made it into the house without a tear in my eye. When I reached the bathroom is when they began to fall. I feel like my world is crashing down on me right now. I don't know how much I can take. Seeing him again has brought back all of the pain that he caused. Maybe I can't put all of the blame on him.  I sat on the floor against the counter crying my eyes out.
" Why me Lord, why couldn't he just stay gone?" I cry out loud.  I hug my knees and cry more. 

I need to get back outside before someone comes in and I will have to explain why I am sitting in the bathroom crying like a teenager that just got their heart broken. I washed my face and left the bathroom. I made my way to the kitchen to make myself another drink. 

" I never stopped thinking about you Cat." His voice cut through me like a knife. He pressed himself against me more.
" You sure have grown up little one" I smelt the alcohol on his breath. 

" Please Steven leave me alone.... I am seeing Charlie, and I am happy" I whispered. He turned me around, his face was only inches away from mine. Tears rolling down my cheeks why is he doing this? 

"So my little Cat....who is that cute kids father?"  Oh god please no he asked the one question I never wanted anyone to ask. I broke away from him wiping my face as I went back outside.  I went right to Charlie.....