↳ 𝙈𝙞𝙨𝙪𝙢𝙞

You woke up before your alarm. It was a habit since you didn't want to wake up the sleeping child next to you. Once she wakes up, she never goes back to sleep. It was a bit of a problem. Even though your mother told you she didn't mind waking up early to take care of her, you still felt bad. Your mother needed to rest and with your daughter that wasn't possible.

The moment you left the bed, she felt it, making her eyes open. She blinked a bit, before sitting up and staring at you. You were on your way to the bathroom but instead of continuing walking, you stood still and looked back at the child.

"Mommy?" The curious two-year-old spoke. You felt as if you had been caught red-handed and to be fair that wasn't too far away from the truth. You had been tip-toeing to get out of the room which added to the feeling of getting caught.

"Misumi, baby, go back to bed." You told the child but she shook her head. She took the blanket off of her and stood up to follow you. You knew there was no point in telling her again since she would just refuse so you ended up opening the door and walking to the bathroom.

Never in your life did you think you would pee while someone was watching, but then you had a daughter who wouldn't leave your side. She sat by the bathtub while you did your business. You got up and flushed the toilet, and she stood up, attempting to use the toilet as well.

"Do you need any help?" You asked, but she shook her head. While she did that you began brushing your teeth and doing your morning skincare routine.

When she finished she stood up and walked towards you again. She looked up and you knew what that meant. You stopped brushing, leaving the toothbrush in your mouth, before picking her up and setting her down on the counter. She grabbed her princess toothbrush and you put a dash of toothpaste on it.

"Do you need help?" You asked, and you knew the answer. She was very attached to you, but she was independent.

"No." She told you before wetting the toothbrush, and copying your motions. When you were both finished you walked back to the bedroom.

She grabbed her elephant plush (one that she had thrown off the bed while she slept) and sat on the bed, watching you get ready for your long day. She had begun to hate that time of the morning since you knew you would be gone soon. She began crying when she saw you put on your heels, which made it so hard for you to leave her.

You had two jobs to be able to support the family, which meant you barely spent time with her. It pained you not being able to spend every moment with her. You had already missed so much. You missed when she first crawled, her first steps and her first words (you were glad about missing her first words because ironically enough she said "Dada".)

"Want play." Misumi said, while you buttoned up your blouse.

"You want to play? You can play with grandma and grandpa once they wake up." You responded.

"With you." She responded, making you lean down to press a kiss on the top of her head.

"When I get back from work." You told her, although you knew you would be tired. You also had a shift at the bar you had been hired at not too long ago, so the little energy you had needed to be preserved.

"Okay." She nodded. You grabbed your heels and purse before looking at the two-year-old.

"Let's go to the living room." You smiled at her and she stood up, following you. Once you were there she walked to her play kitchen while you walked to the kitchen to make some breakfast for the two of you.

You watched as she "cooked" something up. She would most likely give it to you to "eat" it or give it to her grandmother. You smiled as you continued making the simple breakfast. You began preparing her some simple pancakes, and cut them into small pieces, on the side putting some fruit salad.