↳ 𝘿𝙞𝙣𝙣𝙚𝙧

You had invited your parents over, and they'd be here any minute. Misumi waited excitedly, she loved her grandparents dearly. Her grandmother would always let her help with house chores, something Misumi found fun (for now), and her grandmother always let her play around with makeup. Now her grandfather was always by her side, playing with her. He'd play the role that was assigned to him, whether it'd be the patient client at a restaurant who orders pasta but receives a hamburger, or the cashier that needed to ring her up.

Misumi thought of all the different fun activities she could do with her grandparents, little did she know that they were coming over to talk so they weren't really going to play much. She wasn't running around because you dressed her up in a cute dress that you had bought during the week. She was growing out of her clothes so you had to go shopping for her.

"Mimi, aren't you bored?" Toji walked over and sat down beside her. The TV wasn't on, and she didn't have any sort of toy near her. Not even Bubbles was nearby so, how wasn't she complaining?

"No, I have to wait for pa and ma." She responded. Toji smiled before pressing a kiss on his daughter's cheek, she was just too adorable. Toji hoped your parents would apologize so they'd get to see Misumi more often because it must've been weird. For two years of her life she would see her grandparents every single day, but now she'd barely get to see them. He would understand if you didn't want to be in their lives as often, though.

Toji liked how tranquil she was, she was never this calm. Toji looked at the pretty dress she had on, and he was quick to compliment her, "Baby, you look so cute with this dress. Just like a princess."

"Thank you, daddy." She answered. She was kicking her feet, impatient that they weren't here yet. You were getting ready and she didn't know if her father knew at what time her grandparents would get here.

"Excited to see ma and pa?" Toji asked and she hummed in response. She sat up straight and began to talk to her father about all the fun she had with them. You came downstairs and smiled as you watched Misumi's very expressive hand gestures as she talked. You kissed the top of their heads before speaking.

"Where's Megumi?" You looked around the living room, and he was nowhere to be seen.

"I told him he needed to shower because he was stinky so I think he's doing that." Toji responded. He then looked you up and down, a smile appearing on his face and adoration and admiration consuming his eyes. "You look so pretty, love."

"Thank you, Toji." You smiled. You then looked at Misumi and tilted your head, wondering why she was doing nothing. You exchanged a look with Toji.

"She's waiting for ma and pa." He explained which made you raise your eyebrows and nod as you realized. You told Toji to scooch over so you could sit next to her. You sat down next to Misumi and you smiled at her, your hand going up to her cheek and your index and thumb pinched her cheek lightly.

"You're so goddamn adorable." You began as you smiled at the little girl. Misumi grinned before resting her head on your lap. Her excitement and the wait was making her tired.

"Mom, where's my red shirt?!" You heard Megumi yell from upstairs. You were quick to look at Toji because he was the one who did the laundry on the weekend. Toji stood up and walked upstairs to help Megumi find the shirt.

While you listened to your baby babble, and Toji helped find that shirt, there was that expected doorbell ring. Misumi excitedly sat up, and you sighed as she got off the couch. She accompanied you to open the door. You opened the door and found both of them there, they held a dessert and flowers. You were quick to invite them in since it was too cold out.

"Here's some key lime pie." Your mother handed to you and you took it. Your father leaned down to meet Misumi.

"Here's some flowers for my little Mimi." He handed her the flowers and it was too much for her to hold. He noticed, and kept holding the bouquet. "I'll hand them to your mommy so she can take care of them for you."

"Thank you pa." She smiled at him. You led your father to the kitchen, and meanwhile your mother hugged and kissed Misumi.

Toji came down with Megumi, and Megumi walked over to greet your parents... And Toji greeted them as well although he was a bit awkward. He knew they didn't like him.

Misumi was quick to walk over to her dad, leading him to where the bouquet of flowers was. She pointed at it excitedly, even though it was barely visible from where she was standing. "Pa got me flowers!"

"Really? Pa is really thoughtful." Toji commented as he picked Misumi up from the floor, holding her on his hip. She wanted to touch the flowers and Toji noticed so he grabbed one from the bouquet and gave it to her.

Your mother walked over to you, to help with the food. It was practically all ready. She noticed a little shine on your hand that made her stare. And then her eyes widened as she noticed that what you were wearing was no normal ring, she looked at her husband but he was speaking with Megumi.

She cleared her throat, and you looked at her with a small smile. "What's up?"

"You're getting married?" She asked and you were caught off-guard. That wasn't the way you wanted to announce it but it was inevitable since you were wearing an engagement ring, you just hoped that she wouldn't notice so soon.

"I am. Toji proposed on Christmas." You admitted, and she didn't know what to say. Should she congratulate you?

She just stayed quiet for the time being.

-

The dinner table was quiet since you had told the kids to go upstairs. It was a bit awkward as Toji tried to make small talk.

"Nice weather we're having..." He said even though it was freezing cold outside. Your father agreed.

"We're getting married." You announced, and your mother wasn't shocked but your father on the other hand?

"Uh- Well- Congrats!" Your mother finally gave a response to the announcement.

"Happy for you two." Your father responded. "Can't wait..."

"The issue is I don't know if I want to invite you." You were straightforward, which was appreciated but that didn't take away the fact that they were in shock.

"What-" They said in unison.

"You two don't even like Toji and lately I've been thinking about how you two weren't... exactly the nicest to me during my pregnancy." You were quick to say so you wouldn't be called an ungrateful child or anything along those lines.

"We do admit we weren't exactly the best to you... You did so much for us and gave up business school to help and we managed to be so hostile towards you during your pregnancy..." Your mother began.

"We just didn't like the fact that you were pregnant. We love Mimi more than anything and she's literally so precious but we just expected better for you. We wanted better for you... We just thought you couldn't do much after all that because a child is so time consuming and it's hard to accomplish much after that, at least all the goals you had because during that time Misumi had no father." You father continued what your mother had begun.

"But that doesn't take away how terrible you treated me. I was pregnant with twins, I had two jobs and practically sold everything to be able to pay for your bills and for my babies. I stayed because I had nowhere else to go, but I was so desperate during those months." You argued.

"We know... And we can't change the way we treated you so we're sorry, all we can do is apologize." Your mother said, which did make you feel better but you still had no idea if you wanted them at your wedding or not. They had treated you with so much love and support as your due date neared and they helped you all they could when Misumi was born... So maybe it was forgivable. But maybe it wasn't the best idea to have them there with you. "We'll pay you back for all the hard work you did."

"And for our argument, honey, I'm sorry for what I called you, I'll admit I was disappointed but I didn't have the right to call you anything." Your father apologized.

"Finally, I'm starting to like Toji. I don't exactly trust him but he's an alright guy. I liked Suguru better, he's the ideal guy for you." Your father confessed which made you giggle, and Toji clenched his jaw. He didn't want to let his jealousy show so he tried to laugh it off.