↳ 𝙁𝙤𝙤𝙡 𝙄𝙣 𝙇𝙤𝙫𝙚

Toji couldn't believe himself as he smiled like a fool. You were helping Megumi with his homework, and the man couldn't help but stare with a grin on his face. He couldn't even believe how in love he was, and from your kids' point of view it was gross.

"Daddy, stop." Misumi tugged on his jeans, causing him to look down at her. He hadn't even noticed his little princess walk into the kitchen. He had left her unsupervised for a second, knowing that she would entertain herself watching her kids cartoons.

He looked down at the cup of tea and the spoon that he was using to stir the honey in. He had completely forgotten that he walked into the kitchen with the purpose of making you a cup of tea. He put the cup down on the counter and picked his daughter up. He put her down on the couch before kissing the top of her head. He walked back and grabbed the cup of tea.

"Here you go, honey." He put down the cup on the table. He kissed your cheek before looking over the paper you were helping Megumi with. He ruffled his son's hair, causing Megumi to whine.

"How about you, Megumi? You want anything?" He asked his son.

"For you to stop flirting with mom so she can focus on helping me. Also a glass of orange juice would be nice." Megumi answered, causing you to laugh.

"A "please dad" would've been nice." Toji rolled his eyes before walking into the kitchen to serve that glass of orange juice. He walked back with the juice and placed it on the table close to his son. Megumi muttered a thank you before asking more questions.

He walked back to the couch to sit next to his daughter and Bubbles. He looked down at the child and smiled before leaning down and pressing her face with kisses. He was filled up with joy as he heard his daughter's laughs. Never in his life did he think he would be so happy again.

He couldn't wait until the divorce was finalized so he could finally ask you to be his wife. Of course, it would take time for you to continue building the relationship you had. But he just wanted to finally be considered a free man, under the law of course.

He went back to watching the kids show, one that he was oddly entertained by. He listened as you calmly explained the homework to Megumi, and he was so appreciative of that. He was appreciative of everything you did, but especially that. Toji would most likely lose his temper while explaining since he would probably be as clueless as Megumi about the homework. So while you did the hard work he got to watch some cartoons on the TV.

Misumi rested her head on his lap, a bit too tired from playing all day. He would spend another year or so staying all day with her, taking care of her before she started preschool. He was for sure not ready for that day and all the amount of preparation in the world wouldn't be enough. He would be crying like a baby, just like Megumi's first day.

" 'm tired." She yawned.

"But baby, we still have to eat dinner." Toji reminded her. "We're eating your favorite."

"Daddy, 'm tired." She repeated. She would just take a quick nap before dinner. She didn't care about what Toji said as she closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep. Toji was quick to pick her up and stand up.

He took her to your bedroom, putting her in the middle of the bed. That was her spot, she slept in between the two of you. He grabbed Cubby, the plush he had thrown off the bed sometime in the night, and put it beside her before grabbing a blanket and throwing it over her.

He leaned down and pressed a kiss on her cheek. "I love you, my dearest Misumi."

-

You had eaten dinner and put the kids to bed. Well the kid to bed since apparently Megumi was considered old enough to put himself to bed. You both went and "tucked" him in, but Toji had come to the decision that Megumi was old enough to decide the time he went to bed. At least on the weekends.

You both sat on the couch since you weren't sleepy enough to go to bed. You would just lay in bed and talk but Misumi took up the bed. So you went to the living room.

You rested your head on his chest, his arm wrapped around your waist, bringing you closer to him. You closed your eyes as you listened to the consistent beat of his heart.

When you had left him, you doubted you would ever find yourself in a position like this with him, again. You were glad you were so wrong. He grabbed your left hand and stared at it, his thumb grazed over your bare ring finger.

"When we get married, would you prefer a small or big wedding?" He asked.

"I don't care, as long as our kids are present." You responded. "Who would even be invited if we decided to have a big wedding? Not like many people like us anyways."

"You're right." He chuckled.

"It's not like I'm deserving of a big wedding if I wanted one." You added, and he was quick to furrow his eyebrows.

"What do you mean?" He was quick to ask.

"I ruined your family." You reminded him, making him scoff. "I'm deserving of nothing."

"Ruined my family? Last time I checked I got to know you after Megumi's mom passed away." He responded. "What I had with that woman wasn't a family. She ruined it first anyways, and then I followed her steps. You're not the one to blame for the downfall of my second marriage."

"But the children-" You began but he was quick to interrupt you.

"Megumi is so much happier with you as his mother. He loves his little sister too, probably more than his old man. And Tsumiki... Well... I don't know what to say, just know that it was going to happen either way whether you were there or not." He told you. "We weren't a family. What we have here is, and it's thanks to you, my love."

"I guess..." You answered. You were still guilty. You had been prepared to hear people calling you a homewrecker, and apparently after much time of preparing you had also developed that mindset. In your mind you were still a homewrecker, and it didn't matter how many times you told yourself that you weren't, the thought still lingered there.

"Please don't ever say that you deserve nothing. You deserve everything. God knows that if I could give you the moon and the stars I would." He grabbed your chin and turned your head to look at him. He brought his lips down, pressing them against yours. "You're the reason spring blooms in my heart."

"Toji." You smiled at him, the back of your hand caressing his cheek. "My Toji."

"Yes, your Toji. I'm yours and only yours, my love."