↳ 𝙋𝙞𝙘𝙩𝙪𝙧𝙚𝙨

It was Sunday afternoon. Usually you would sit with your family to watch a movie, but today they argued against it. It was odd, since they loved it. The three of you sat down in the living room, as your daughter took a nap in your bedroom.

You weren't dumb. You knew what was coming up. They wanted to know who the man their granddaughter talked about was since they certainly had figured out it wasn't your boyfriend. It was awkward at first, as they stared at each other trying to figure out who was going to pop the question.

"Y/N... Mimi has been talking a lot about this guy who's her "daddy" and we just want to know who this guy is. We heard you yelling at someone on Wednesday night and Thursday too and we're just curious." Your father began, and you honestly didn't know how to respond. If they were to find out the truth they would be upset.

Before you had the chance to answer, your phone rang and you were quick to grab it. You were so thankful to this person for interrupting the moment. You read his name and held back a sigh. Toji of all people. You still picked it up.

"Hello?" You were quick to stand up and walk away, walking to your room to talk. You knew Misumi wouldn't be woken up by your talking.

"Hey, I just wanted to ask if you had some pictures that I could look at? Either digital or actual copies." He spoke, which made you look for an old shoebox which stored every picture; from the beginning of your pregnancy to pictures of last week. Every time you had to go grocery shopping you would go to a pharmacy to print out pictures.

"I do. Which would you prefer? If you prefer the actual copies then let's meet up at the park, and I'll also take Mimi with me." You responded, and even though he knew the digital copies were easier to get, he wanted to see his daughter.

"Actual copies. Can I take Megumi with me so he can play with his sister?" He asked, which made you click your tongue.

"So odd of you to ask for my permission first. Bring him along since he already knows. You know I love that child."

-

Before your parents could even ask that question again, you had already gotten Misumi ready to go to the park. You had walked out of the door before they got the chance to even open their mouths.

You both had walked to the park, and were quick to notice Toji and Megumi sitting on a bench. The younger one of the pair seemed to be holding a phone, which made you disapprovingly shake your head. You weren't his parent, so you had no right to comment on the disapproval of him having a phone at eleven. Although you understood times were changing and it was probably more of a necessity to have a phone.

"Daddy!" The little girl let go of your hand and ran over to the man. You could already tell she was a daddy's girl, which annoyed you.

"Princess!" He picked her up and set her down on his lap. She then waved at Megumi, who was too focused on the screen. Toji gently hit the back of Megumi's head. "Say hello to your sister."

"Hi Mimi." He turned off the phone and put it in his back pocket. He then looked at you and waved. "Hi Y/N."

"Hi honey." You smiled at him. "How are you, Gumi?"

"I'm good." He smiled back. He was unsure on what to say next so it was best if he just stayed quiet.

"How's school?" You asked.

"Annoying. They're all idiots." He rolled his eyes, and you knew better than to laugh at that comment even though you so badly wanted to.

"That's not very nice, Gumi. Not everyone can be as smart as you." You replied. He noticed how you were standing and he stood up to offer his seat. "It's fine, Gumi. I don't mind standing."

"Are you sure?" He asked, and you nodded. The conversation was cut short as the little girl pointed at the swings. Toji stood up, and before walking over he looked at the shoebox that was in your hands. He debated on what to do before looking at his son.

"Would you like to take your sister to play? I want to look at some photos before going with her." He told his son, and Megumi nodded. Toji then looked at his daughter and kissed her forehead. "I'll be right there, let me just talk to mommy for a second."

He set the child on the floor, and Megumi extended his hand for her to take. She was quick to take it and walk with him as he headed towards the swings.

You both sat down on the bench and you opened the box, handing him most of the pictures, leaving out a couple that you didn't want him to see.

He looked through them, a smile on his face as he looked at all the different pictures of his daughter. Pictures of when she first could stand on her own, when her first tooth came out, some of her bathtimes and of her eating.

"You kept that plushie?" He asked as he pointed at the elephant plush he had given to you for Christmas. It was an adorable little picture of Misumi wearing a bear onesie as her plush stood besides her.

There was a picture of your belly, and he looked at the back to figure out how far along you were. He raised his eyebrow before looking at you, "Did you get the six and the nine mixed up? There's no way you were six months pregnant in that picture."

"That's kind of rude. I was six months pregnant." You replied with a chuckle.

"I'm sorry, I guess that was kind of rude. But you had a big belly to only be six months pregnant." He commented. There were only a few pictures left and when he finished he handed them back to you. "I'm sorry for asking but, do you have any pictures of the ultrasound?"

"Uh- I- Yeah." You put up a smile as you grabbed the picture that you had left in the box. You handed them to him, and were quick to look away to watch the children. Your palms got sweaty due to the nerves you felt.

"Y/N, is this right? Why are there two babies?" He finally asked, which made you look his way. You gave him a weak smile, before taking a deep breath.

"Because I was going to have twins." You revealed, which left him stunned. He blinked trying to process that information. "I had bought two cribs. Two high chairs. Twice the amount of clothes and toys. Twice as many diapers. So many bottles."

You took a deep breath, as you heard your voice breaking and tears filling your eyes as you remembered the traumatic events. "I was ready to receive two babies. My own Tsumiki and Megumi. But I failed. When I pushed him out I didn't hear his cries. He wasn't breathing. He wasn't alive."

Toji was in shock by this news. He was still upset, there was no confusing that but he knew that this wasn't about him. He was quick to wrap his arms around you and pull you into a hug.

You were also upset but it was nice being able to cry it out for once, and have someone comfort you. You had no time to cry about your loss since you were expected to fully turn your whole attention to your daughter; that was what you did, forgetting your own feelings.

He ran his hand up and down your back in attempts to comfort you. He shushed you, telling you, "It's okay."

"I'm sorry." You apologized and you had no idea why. Was it because you were ruining his shirt with your tears? Or was it because he was his son too?

"There's no need for you to apologize, Y/N. You didn't fail, there was nothing you could've done." He reassured you. "But I know one thing. You would've been a great mother to him, the same way you're a great mother to our daughter."