↳ 𝘿𝙤𝙪𝙗𝙩𝙨

It was the oddest thing when you arrived from work, way earlier than usual, and found your son watching your daughter. You knew he was sick, or at least that's what Toji had said. You walked into the house and walked over to them. You placed a kiss on top of Megumi's head, and then walked over to Misumi, who was way too close to the TV, to do the same.

"Where's your father?" You asked, and Megumi shrugged. You clicked your tongue and sighed before grabbing your phone. You looked for his contact. "You're not even sick, are you?"

He shook his head. You sighed and called the man. As the phone rang you took a seat next to Megumi. The phone rang and rang, and no answer. You felt sick as you waited for him to pick up the phone. He never picked it up. You were tempted to leave a voicemail but it would be too inappropriate while the kids were around. You didn't want them to hear as you cussed out their father.

He didn't bother to tell you a thing... Which meant it had to be something bad, right? You weren't going to leave a message or anything of that sort. You trusted Toji but you knew about his past. You and your daughter were his past. He cheated on his wife with you, so why would that change all of a sudden? Why would he suddenly stop cheating? Was there anything that made you special?

You were so tempted to go upstairs and pack Misumi's, Megumi's and your bags. You weren't going to leave Megumi behind, even if it got you in legal trouble. After hearing about how sad he was after you left, you couldn't leave him again. But would he choose you over his dad?

You weren't going to act out on it. You were in the dark and you couldn't just leave because you had your doubts. Toji was going to hear you rant about him leaving your three-year-old with a child that could barely fend for himself.

"What have you two done today?" You asked.

"We ate some breakfast before dad left, and then Mimi wanted to watch Peppa so that's what we have been doing." He answered.

"Toji's going to have a piece of my mind when he gets home." You shared before standing up. You looked at Megumi, giving him a weak smile. "Go do whatever you want, baby. I'll take care of Mimi."

"Alright..." Megumi responded before getting up from the couch and walking upstairs. You picked up Misumi which caused her to whine as you took her away from the TV.

"Did daddy give you a bath?" You asked and she hummed in response. At least he did that before leaving. You grabbed the remote and turned off the TV, which made her bottom lip quiver as she looked your way. "Oh c'mon Mimi, you've watched too much TV."

"Mommy..." She began. Her crying always worked with her dad, and even though she wasn't crying intentionally, she still hoped that you would let her watch her TV. You didn't listen and carried her to her playroom.

"Your father bought you so many toys for you to use them." You told her before setting her down on the ground. She got on the floor to throw a tantrum, and you looked indifferent as she cried and yelled.

"Megumi, are you hungry?" You yelled, poking your head out the door, checking if you had to start preparing lunch for them.

"I'm good!" He responded. You crossed your arms and watched as Misumi calmed down. She wiped away her tears and began to play as if nothing had happened.

"How about you, Mimi? Are you hungry?" You asked and she shook her head. You always wondered what went on inside her head. It was just so weird and fascinating how she could go from crying and yelling to being completely fine within minutes. It was crazy to think that you were like her once.

"Okay, Mimi, when daddy comes, we're going to be mad." You told the child and she nodded in response. She showed favoritism towards Toji but you were definitely her favorite parent. She didn't have a problem being mad with her father. Especially after he called her stinky.

"Megumi, you want to join us and be mad at your father?" You yelled.

"Sure!" He answered.

Now you had to wait till Toji decided to come back.

-

Toji came back home and found you and the kids sitting on the couch. He panicked. He didn't expect you to come back early today. He cleared his throat as he approached you three. "Hey..."

"Where have you been?" Misumi asked, her tiny arms crossed and eyebrows furrowed. She had recited the line just as you wanted. Toji scratched the back of his neck. He could feel how mad you were. Your eyes were practically drilling a hole into him.

"Gumi, baby, take Misumi into your room and close the door." You told him and he was quick to follow your orders. He grabbed Misumi and carried her upstairs. When they were out of sight you stood up.

"Toji, do you know how irresponsible it was to leave Misumi with an eleven-year-old boy? I trust Megumi, but he can't handle Misumi yet. Hell, I barely can handle her." You began, and he looked down at the ground. "You're lucky nothing happened, but keep in mind all the things that could've happened. Next time you need to get your dick wet at least contact Suguru to watch the kids-"

"What?" He looked back at you, his eyes widened. You had realized your mistake too late. You were thinking out loud. Now you felt bad as you looked into his eyes and saw how hurt he was by your words.

"I'm sorry- I-" You began before sighing. "My mind just goes to the worst places. The fact that you didn't tell me anything immediately made me think about that-"

"I- don't know what to say..." He responded. He was genuinely hurt, but he tried to understand where you were coming from. You walked over to him, not sure how to apologize. You wrapped your arms around him and he hugged you back. He pressed a kiss on the top of your head.

"I'm sorry... But where were you?" You asked.

"You see, my love, as of today I'm a free man under the law. Spent a couple of hours dealing with the lawyers and my ex-wife. My divorce has been finalized." He revealed.

"Does that mean-" You began as you looked up at him.

"That we can get married as soon as you want." He answered. He pecked your lips. "I wanted it to be a nice surprise, sorry for making you so anxious."

"Toji, I'm so happy." You smiled before cupping his face and kissing him. He smiled back at you, your words long forgotten. You could do no wrong in his eyes, you were the woman he adored the most in the whole universe.

"I'm happy too." He replied. He pecked your lips, again, before mouthing an "I love you."

"Toji, when do you want to get married?" You asked.

"If it were up to me, we would be getting married right now."