↳ 𝘾𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙗𝙖𝙘𝙠

"He was a beautiful butterfly." Toji read from the children's book. He smiled noticing how his daughter was asleep. He made sure the blanket covered her body before standing up from the bed and placing the book on the bookshelf. He walked back and kissed his daughter's forehead before walking out of the room and gently closing the door.

He knew you were in your bedroom, so he walked up to your door and knocked on it. "Come in!"

"Hey, I'm about to go." He informed you, and you hummed in response. You got up from your bed, and he intently stared as you walked over. You wore a light pink silk nightgown, the loose strap falling from your shoulder.

"Let me walk you out." You said, and he was about to let you but then he wondered about the neighbors. He knew nothing about them, and the last thing he wanted was for one of them to see you wearing a nightgown. Toji thought he was the only one that got such privilege and he didn't want anyone to see such a sight.

"It's fine. I can see myself out." He assured you. Once you were close enough he cupped your face and pecked your lips. He had said no sex before his divorce, but he never mentioned any type of affective gesture. You had gotten used to it, and you didn't comment because you didn't mind.

He walked out of your room, and you followed. He looked back and raised his eyebrow which made you speak up. "Don't think you're special, I'm getting my daughter."

"Huh? She's asleep." He responded.

"I'll carry her to my bedroom. I can't sleep without her anymore. It has become a habit after sleeping next to her for two years." You shared, and he couldn't help but smile. He walked towards you and kissed your cheek.

"You're an amazing mother, Y/N. Thank you." He told you. He caressed your cheek. "I'm sorry for all the pain I've caused you."

"Go. The kids are probably waiting for you." You looked away in embarrassment. He pecked your lips again.

"I love you." He said and you just blinked, taken back by the sudden words. He kissed you, yet again, before walking down the stairs. You didn't say anything and just walked to your daughter's room to carry her to your bed.

-

There was something odd about the house when he entered it. The lights were turned on. Everyone was supposed to be asleep but the lights were on. He looked at the living room, where no one was. Then he looked at the kitchen.

There she stood, making herself a cup of tea. She had failed to inform him when she was finally coming back. She turned and saw him. She was quick to jump, startled by his presence. She put her hand over her heart, but as she calmed down she smiled.

"Toji, love, so glad to see you." Mrs. Fushiguro spoke.

"You're back." He spoke, with a tone that didn't sound too happy. She didn't like that.

"Be more cheerful. Your dear wife is back after almost three months." She told him, bringing the cup to her lips. She took a sip before putting the cup down. "Where have you been? It's only Wednesday and you only work on the weekends. I asked Tsumiki and she told me that you have been doing this for a while. Have you gone back to gambling?"

"No." He answered. She furrowed her eyebrows, thinking about another possible situation.

"Are you having another affair?" She questioned, which made Toji scoff. Such a question coming from such a woman. "Thought you wouldn't do that again after you were left heartbroken by our precious nanny."

"I wouldn't exactly call it an affair. I'm seeing her again but not in the way you think." He revealed, which made her clench her jaw. She tried to maintain her composure.

"After she left you? Are you willing to go back to her after she left you and your son?" She began, which made Toji roll his eyes.

"Again, not in the way you think. She had every right to leave either way." Toji stated.

"Elaborate." She replied.

"The events were simple. You caught us. You slapped her. I ran after you." He put it in simple terms since he didn't want to waste his time telling the long version of the story.

"She left you after what you did for her, doesn't that upset you? You literally begged me to let her keep her job, and yet she left." She was a devil in her own way. She tried manipulating him, but she didn't know that she couldn't manipulate the manipulator.

"She didn't know what I did for her. I never had a conversation about it with her." He responded. "I never bothered to tell her, so why would I be upset?"

"Why in the hell are you seeing her again? We have a son together." She snapped, slamming her hands on the kitchen counter. Toji crossed his arms, rolling his eyes.

"Genki's not my biological son." Toji claimed.

"What?" She stuttered and her eyes widened.

"He's not my biological son." He repeated himself. "Why do you think all of it happened in the first place? I know about your affairs."

"So what? The nanny gave you comfort?" She looked distraught.

"You think I am hurt by your affairs? I was thinking of pissing you off and getting back at you but I already did that with multiple other women. But then she came in." Toji paused and took a breath. "She rejected me at first, and I won't lie, I was pissed off. I manipulated her. Although she ended up winning because I fell in love with her."

"Love? You don't label that as love." She scoffed.

"What the hell do you know about love?" Toji questioned. "But don't switch the topic. I told you I know about the affairs. Genki is not my biological son."

"So what are you going to do about that?" She raised her eyebrow, ultimately thinking she had the upper hand.

"It's simple. I want a divorce."