↳ 𝘿𝙪𝙡𝙡 𝙒𝙤𝙢𝙖𝙣

You looked over yourself in the mirror, your boyfriend's words from earlier in the week, repeating in your mind.

"You're a dull woman."

You weren't one that would usually let words get to you, but you were thinking about it. The moment you became a mother your priority wasn't yourself, but you wouldn't think of yourself as boring.

Maybe he was right though. Not as many people hit on you or tried to flirt with you. It was getting to you, when it shouldn't have. Maybe he didn't mean it in a bad manner but you were certainly taking it bad. Although how could a person call someone else dull and mean it in a positive way?

"Have I lost my charm?" You asked yourself as you fixed your dress. You tried not to think too much about it as you walked out of the bathroom, to get Misumi ready to see her father again.

-

You stared at your hands as Megumi and Toji chased Misumi around while she played in the playground. Your mind was too focused on the thing Naoya said, and it had been bugging you. The words began replaying in your mind more and more as time progressed and you noticed that he was right in a way.

You had been too lost in your thoughts to notice your daughter coming up to you. Her little hands landed on your knees, which made you look at her and smile.

"Having fun?" You asked the little girl who nodded. You looked around the place you had been coming for weeks, and it was fair to say that you were getting sick of it. You were getting sick of having to sneak around from your parents, who would always have questions.

You were getting sick of everything.

Toji sat beside you on the bench and looked at Megumi. That look told Megumi everything he needed to know. Megumi extended his hand, and told his little sister, "Come."

When they were back to playing, Toji stared at you, as you stared back at your hands. He wanted to see if your gaze would switch but it wouldn't. He cleared his throat before finally saying something. "What's going on with your hands?"

"I just noticed that I don't wear rings anymore." You answered, which made him furrow his eyebrows in confusion. "I always used to wear them. Even as a nanny. I still have some, but I sold most to be able to buy things for my twins. I always forget to wear the ones I have, though."

"Do you want more rings? I'll happily buy more for you." He offered, but you just sighed which confused him even more.

"The point isn't if I want more rings or not. The point is that I forget to wear them. My life has just changed so much and for three years I have forgotten about myself." You broke it down for the man, who finally understood why you were so consumed with your thoughts. There was something else missing.

He stared at the children on the playground, and then looked back at you. For three years you had been overworking yourself to try and maintain so many people. He had so much respect for you.

"I want you to stop working at the bar. I'm not asking you to quit your day job because I know you like that one." He began, and before he could get to the main point he was interrupted.

"You want that but I have to pay for so much stuff that my main job's pay can't cover." You were quick to say.

"I'm in the process of buying you a house. I don't care if you want it or not. If you don't want it, think of it as a gift for our daughter. She needs more space, and I don't want to judge your parents' house because it's cozy but I don't think it's enough." He began and you just sat there with your mouth parted as you tried to process his words. "As for the bills, let me take care of them."

"Toji, I- A house?! That's too much." You blinked and even pinched your forearm, trying to figure out if that was reality.

"It's the least I could do. I missed two years of her life, and I assume in those two years you spent a lot of money on her." He explained. "Plus, I want to see her more. I don't know if you'd plan to take your parents with you, but I want to see her more than just on the weekends. I hope you understand."

"Alright then, I'll take the house but paying the bills is definitely too much from your part." You stated, which made him look down. He placed his hand on top of yours, and you wanted to take your hand back but he squeezed it.

"I don't want you to end up like her. Megumi and Misumi wouldn't be able to handle it. I wouldn't be able to handle it. Please just let me take care of the bills." His voice slightly cracked, and you wondered who she was. Was it Mrs. Fushiguro? You doubted it as his voice had so much sentiment in it.

"I'll quit my job at the bar." You responded, taking your hand back. He looked up, composing himself and giving you a tiny smile. There was silence between the two of you, as your daughter laughed while Megumi chased her around. A warm, early summer breeze brushed against your skin which made a smile form on your face.

Toji couldn't help but turn to look at you again. He was still wondering about the rings. He wasn't sure if that was just something spontaneous that would just come up to someone's mind.

"How did that come to your mind?" He finally spoke up, and you chewed on the inside of your cheek, debating if you should ask, him of all people, the question that had been bugging you the past week.

"Do you think of me as a dull woman?" You turned to look at him, and he just raised his eyebrow at the question.

"Dull? On the contrary, Y/N, you're a very interesting woman." He answered, which he could notice lifted so much weight from your shoulders. "How did that come to mind?"

"My-" You were about to tell him but then argued against it.

"Your what?" He asked with a tone that demanded an answer.

"My boyfriend told me that." You answered, quickly turning your head to avoid his gaze. His hand fell upon yours again, which made you muster up the courage to look at him.

"That boyfriend of yours is very wrong. Perhaps the Zenins took away his brain as a punishment?" You knew he tried to remain calm, but his hand was squeezing yours a little too hard. His eyebrows were furrowed and his jaw was clenched. Maybe it wasn't the smartest idea to tell him.