↳ 𝙍𝙚𝙪𝙣𝙞𝙤𝙣

Instead of leaving he just sat there, dumbfounded. What were the right words he could say? He could see the very angry man right in front of him, but he didn't care to do anything about that. You weren't saying anything because no matter what you said, Geto wouldn't listen.

His eyes lingered on you, and you felt it. You avoided looking his way. You weren't ready for a meeting with him. In all honesty you doubted you would ever be ready to face him again, but life had other plans for you.

"Y/N." Toji spoke but you couldn't even look his way. You had heard him loud and clear but you acted as if you hadn't heard.

"Suguru, are you out of your goddamn mind? If you dare hit him you'll get fired! You wouldn't look so hot while homeless." You lectured the man, who just glared at Toji. You sighed, coming to the realization that he wasn't listening. "Fine. If you want to beat the hell out of him, be my guest. Just don't come crying when you lose your job."

"Y/N." Toji repeated, which forced you to look his way. You didn't know how you were supposed to react. Maybe you would act as if time had healed you, even though it hadn't.

"Mr. Fushiguro, care for a drink?" You asked, as you stomped on Geto's foot, before he could even dare to put his hands' on Toji. Geto whined and finally focused on something else that wasn't the man right in front of you.

"A conversation would be better." Toji answered, which made you sigh.

"I'm working, sorry." You replied, hoping that it would be good enough for the man. But you knew that wasn't enough. He would insist. Toji Fushiguro would always find a way to get what he wanted.

"How much do you get paid?" He questioned which confused you. You told him what you would make in a night. "No, I'm talking about annually."

"Why would you like to know that?" You raised your eyebrow which made him sigh. He stood up and walked away. You wished that he would stay away but you knew you wouldn't get rid of him so easily.

He came back holding something, which you could assume was a checkbook. You knew your eyes weren't deceiving you the moment he opened it. He got his pen and clicked it before speaking again. "I'll pay you for the whole year if you just have a conversation with me."

Perhaps you were a fool, but certainly not an idiot. You wouldn't say no to a check that big, even if you had to speak with him. You could just lie if he asked any specific questions. You told him, which made Geto's eyes widen. Geto whispered, "No way. You're crazy. You're actually going to talk to that idiot."

"I would be crazy to say no to that check." You argued, which was something Geto would've been able to understand if it was any other person. But not him. Not Toji.

The man had written the check and showed you it. You knew the condition. He stood up and walked away again; and you knew you had to follow. You looked at Geto, who was clearly upset. "Please cover for me?"

"Fine." He rolled his eyes which made you kiss his cheek. You were quick to get out from behind the bar and run out.

When you were outside you looked around a bit before finding the man, who smoked a cigarette while his back leaned against the building's walls. You slowly walked over to him, and when he noticed you walking towards him, he tossed the cigarette onto the floor.

He grabbed the check book, one that he had placed in his back pocket, and tore out the check. He handed you the check, and you were quick to take it.

For a minute, there was only silence. How could he start such a complicated conversation? Three years had passed since everything happened and there was so much to say. He didn't know how to start it but he also knew that you weren't going to speak first.