↳ 𝙁𝙖𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝘿𝙪𝙩𝙞𝙚𝙨

Megumi's birthday was approaching, and when Misumi found out the news she was excited. As a good little sister, she began to think of a birthday gift she could possibly give to her big brother. So she wandered the stores with her father, while her mother and brother were away. You had given her some money earlier that week after she cleaned up her toys, and since she didn't understand much about money, she thought the little money she had was enough to buy anything she wanted.

She held her dad's hand and dragged him to the toy store. Megumi liked toys, right? He would always play with her so she assumed he liked toys. While looking for something her big brother would like, she came across a baby doll. She was quick to walk to it and put her hands on it.

"Mimi, I don't think Gumi would like a baby doll." Toji said. Misumi ignored him and stared at the doll. She liked the outfit it had.

"Daddy..." She began before turning around to look at her father. She gave him puppy-dog eyes, a trick that she had learned. The most special thing about the trick is that it always worked. "Can I get it?"

"Not for Megumi... He doesn't like baby dolls." Toji responded. He knew that she meant for herself but he would act oblivious. He needed to put up a front because you had scolded him for buying Misumi so many toys. No one could walk into the playroom, the floor was scattered with toys. The room was overfilled.

"For me." She added. Toji knew that he had to say no. Misumi was already a spoiled brat, and he hated spoiled brats. But Misumi was also his adorable little princess and he loved his little princess. The love overshadowed the hate.

"Don't tell your mother." He replied as he grabbed the doll. She smiled in response, which lit up Toji's day. "Alright what are you going to get your brother?"

As she wondered what the perfect gift was, her eyes landed on a box of legos. She had seen boxes similar to those in her brother's room. She walked over, dragging her father to the area. She looked up at him, and he nodded.

Megumi didn't play with legos anymore but he'd play with them just to make his little sister happy. Misumi grabbed the box. The little money she had wouldn't cover it but Toji wouldn't let her know that. Toji would cover the rest and make her believe that she paid for everything. Even the doll that he had in his hand.

They walked to the register, and put the toys on the counter. The cashier rang them up and when she said the amount due, Misumi reached into her father's backpocket to pull out the little wallet you had given to her so she could put her money somewhere. She opened it and pulled out the couple of bills, putting them on the counter.

Toji pulled out his wallet to get one of his cards to pay for the toys. The bills were left untouched on the counter. Once the toys were paid for, Toji grabbed the money and the receipt to give to Misumi. "This is your change, and the receipt."

They walked out of the store with the bag and walked a bit around the mall. Toji would stop to buy something for them to eat, but his eyes stopped at a certain place. He needed to make a stop before eating something.

"Misumi, let's buy something for mommy first." He told the child. "But you can't tell her, it has to be a surprise."

-

You weren't home yet. Misumi was too young to understand. And Megumi didn't know who else to ask for help so Toji was his only option. Megumi stood in front of Toji, blocking Toji's view of the TV. "I need help with my math homework."

"Math?" Toji furrowed his eyebrows. He sighed, he didn't have an option. He had to help. He stood up and walked to the dinner table, and Megumi was quick to sit down. Misumi was asleep, so Toji didn't have an excuse. Toji loved his son but he hated math so much. Toji grabbed the textbook. "Let me see."

"What even is this? They didn't teach us this when I was your age." Toji clicked his tongue. He knew he would age faster, just because of the problems alone.

"I forgot you're prehistoric." Megumi let slip out of his mouth, and he was quick to cover his mouth, his eyes were wide.

"You learn too much from your mom." Toji chuckled, which allowed Megumi to relax. He began to look over the problems again. How hard could dividing fractions be? Toji began to explain as best as he could, but it wasn't helping Megumi at all.

"I don't understand!" Megumi began complaining. Toji continued explaining, still not making any sense. "You suck!"

"I bet you'd like it better if your mother was the one explaining it, yeah?" Toji glared at the child, who just nodded in response. "I bet you'd like it even better if I took your phone away for a week, yeah?" Megumi was quick to shake his head. "That's what I thought, quit complaining like a little brat. Not even Misumi is like this and she's three."

"You know what? Give me that pencil, I'll do this goddamn problems myself." Toji took the notebook and the pencil from Megumi. Megumi didn't mind. Toji began to work out the problems, and when he finished, he smiled proudly as he held up the notebook. "See, son, this is how you do it."

"But it's okay, one day you'll get to be a great genius like your father." Toji ruffled Megumi's hair before pressing a kiss on his forehead. Megumi glanced over the problems. He didn't want to say anything but they didn't look right. Not like Megumi knew but there was something off about the problems.

You walked into the house, with the nice sight of seeing your son and boyfriend sitting at the dinner table. You walked over to them. You pressed a kiss on top of Megumi's head before pecking Toji's lips. "Are you helping Gumi with his homework?"

"Yup, he's so fortunate to have me, a genius, as his father." Toji gloated. You looked at the notebook that was on the table. You were quick to notice an error.

"That's wrong." You pointed out. You then noticed another mistake and pointed it out. Megumi burst out laughing, and Toji's cheeks turned pink of embarrassment. You noticed Toji's facial expression and pecked his lips again. "It's alright, baby, even geniuses get stuff wrong."

"Where's Mimi?" You asked. The show on the TV was too graphic for Misumi, and you knew Toji had better judgement than that.

"Sleeping." Toji answered.

"I'll be right back, let me go and change into something more comfortable." You told them and walked away. Megumi was still laughing, and Toji stuck his tongue out at the kid.

"The great genius." Megumi mocked, making Toji roll his eyes.

"Misumi would never treat me like this." Toji pointed out as he stood up from the chair. "She'd comfort me."

"Are you going to cry?" Megumi asked in between laughs. "Please cry."

"You're making it so hard to not have a favorite child." Toji walked away from the table. He only said that to bother his son. He loved both of his children equally. It was a love that was endless, for both of them.

It didn't seem to bother Megumi either way. He continued laughing.