↳ 𝙏𝙖𝙡𝙠 𝘼𝙗𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙁𝙚𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙨

It was the night before Megumi's birthday, and you and Toji stayed up to make a cake for the birthday boy. Misumi and Megumi had taken over your bed (Misumi dragged Megumi to sleep in the same bed as her and Megumi didn't want to say no) and you felt as if you needed some time alone without the kids. So he accompanied you while you made the cake, and he tried his best to help. You would usually make the cake the day of, but you already had a very busy day.

"How many kids are coming?" Toji asked as he sat on the kitchen island, watching as you made the icing of the cake.

"Too many. We have the usual three, also Tsumiki and Genki, and then some of Tsumiki's friends who are also Megumi's friends." You sighed, already feeling a headache due to the amount of kids that would come the next day. "You better help me out, Toji. I need you to act like an adult."

"I always act like an adult, what are you talking about?" He chuckled. You just turned and gave him a mom look before turning back to the icing of the cake. "What was that for?"

"Nothing." You replied.

"I have a question." He changed the topic.

"Just ask it, there's no need to announce that you have a question." You told him. You stuck your finger into the bowl of icing and then walked over to Toji. You stuffed the finger into his mouth, and he licked the finger clean. You took your finger out. "Is it good?"

"So good." Toji answered. Toji blinked, his mind had gone elsewhere and he had completely forgotten his question for a second. His cheeks were flushed and he was so tempted to bend you over. Then he remembered his question. "Where would you like to get married?"

"Where would I like to get married? Well... I haven't really thought about that." You confessed. You didn't give him any sort of response or a hint after that. You washed your hands to get Toji's saliva and germs off that one finger.

"You have no place in mind? Like maybe the beach or a castle." He continued with the topic.

"Off-topic but when summer comes back we should go to the beach because last time I went there with Mimi, she was ten-months-old. She was in awe with the sand. Her first instinct was to eat it, and I had to get it out of her mouth." You shared, making Toji giggle. It was a cute story but Toji didn't understand why it saddened him. He stopped talking and looking at you, instead he stared at his thighs.

"Are you okay...?" You asked, confused about the sudden silence. He understood the feelings quickly.

"Can I tell you something?" He said and you hummed in response as you walked over. You sat down on the empty space beside him.

"I understand why you left. And I can't hate you for it. But part of me is still mad at you for taking away our daughter without even making the attempt to tell me about her. I know missing two years is not that much, but I still missed a lot. I would've liked to watch as she first started to crawl or talk." He took a deep breath before continuing. "I love seeing her baby pictures but they're just not enough. I could've experienced all these things but I didn't. And now I'm on the verge of tears after hearing a stupid story about Mimi eating sand because I wasn't there to see it."

"Toji, I'm so sorry." You responded. You had apologized so many times for that, and he would always reassure you that it was fine. Now that he talked openly about his feelings, you felt ten times worse, but you would deal with it because you would rather have him be honest with you than lie about his feelings. "I know my stupid apologies won't bring the time I took from you back, but that's all I can say because I don't know what to say or do."

"There's nothing that can be done. And I'm glad to have you here with me again, because I do love you. I just wanted to share my feelings and all, because I've heard from Megumi that keeping things bottled up isn't good for me or something, he said he learned that from a wise woman." He told you with a giggle. "I hope what I told you doesn't make you feel bad because out of the two of us, I should be the one feeling bad. You've gone through so much more because of me."

The timer you had set for the cakes that you had in the oven went off. You got off the kitchen island to turn it off and take the cakes out. Once you put the pans on the stove you walked back to Toji, to once again sit beside him. He cupped your face and pecked your lips.

"Whatever you do, don't feel bad. I'm still so happy with the life we have right now. Two kids, three dogs, what more could a man ask for?" He pecked your lips again, and when he pulled away he had a smirk on his face. "Maybe another baby."

"I told you that first you had to get me a ring." You reminded him. He wrapped his arm around you and pulled you into a hug.

"About that wedding location... Mimi did say that she always wanted to go to a castle." You brought up, and he thought about it.

"Is that what you want? We can always take her to a castle some other time. For our wedding you pick for yourself since it's your day." Toji responded. "Plus she's already spoiled rotten."

"And whose fault is that? Certainly not mine." You clicked your tongue. "You keep buying her unnecessary toys, she doesn't even play with them, she's always watching Peppa."

"No she's not! I can assure you she plays with them. By the time you get home, I'm already so tired that I put on the TV." He claimed. He smiled at you. "Tell me another funny Mimi story."

"We found out that she had learned how to climb out of her crib when one morning we found her on the floor. She didn't cry or anything. She saw how worried I looked and she began to laugh." You recalled with a giggle, and Toji laughed as well. "She didn't really bite but whenever she saw Satoru she would make it her mission to bite him."

"Ouch, what did he do?" Toji asked, feeling bad for Gojo.

"He wanted to cry but he let it slide because Mimi is, and I quote, "his perfect little niece."" You shared.

"He's right about the perfect." Toji agreed. "She is my daughter after all. Look at Megumi, he's also perfect. What do they have in common? They're my kids."

"Who said Mimi is your child?" You joked.

"Hmm Mimi and I are practically twins, she just happens to have some other woman's features." Toji responded, before pecking your lips again. "The genes of a very beautiful woman, may I add."