↳ 𝙇𝙪𝙣𝙘𝙝 𝙒𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙈𝙚𝙜𝙪𝙢𝙞

There was a light tap on the door, and you knew immediately who it was. She probably had woken up from her nap, and looked all over for you; only to not find you anywhere. So there was only one place left-- The bathroom.

"Mimi, I'm going potty. Can you wait?" The moment she heard your voice, she opened the door and allowed herself in. She sat across from you, and you didn't even feel uncomfortable since it was common to have her there.

"You're going to spend the afternoon with your father." You told the child, who was quick to smile. You loved that smile so much but you hated the fact that it was caused because of him.

"Really?" She asked, and you nodded. She was quick to stand up and walk out of the bathroom to go to your bedroom. She wanted to pick out the best outfit, so her father could see her looking pretty.

You were quick to finish. You washed your hands before walking out of the bathroom to join her. She looked around her side of the closet, trying to decide what she would choose. You didn't say anything to not break her concentration. But she ended up giving up and looking at you. "Mommy, help."

"How about this?" You were quick to choose overalls, with a cute bee shirt under it. She stared at it before giving you a thumbs-up. You laughed at her expression before walking out of the closet and back to the bedroom.

"Do you need help changing?" You asked, even though you knew she would need as much help as possible. She also knew that even if she tried, she would still need your help so she nodded.

You helped her into her little outfit and then looked for a matching outfit for yourself. You both got ready and then you texted her father. He was on his way to pick the both of you up.

You had planned on going out to eat with Megumi, while Toji and Misumi did whatever the little girl wanted to do. You were nervous, and you tried your best to mask it. It wasn't so hard to forget for a couple of seconds as you watched Misumi play with her plush.

"Let's go, baby." You told the child, since you wanted to wait for her father outside. She was quick to let go of her plush, and get off the bed to grab you hand. The both of you walked together until you reached the outside of the house.

You didn't even wait a minute, and the man had already pulled up to the house. He got out of the car to greet his daughter, one that quickly ran over to hug him. He picked her up from the floor and filled her face with kisses, before waving at you.

You didn't say anything as the three of you walked towards the car. You planned on getting in the backseat, but noticed that Megumi was already taking up that space, so you had no option but to sit down in the front.

"Hey, Gumi." You smiled at the child as you opened the backseat door to get Misumi in the carseat, and he smiled back. Once she was in, you got into the passenger side and sat down.

When everyone was in the car, Toji began driving. You didn't know where he was heading, but he knew that you wanted to go to a restaurant that Megumi liked. So he began driving to a place Megumi loved to go to.

"Goomi." You heard from the backseat, as the little girl called out for her brother. He was quick to pay attention to her.

"Yes, Mimi?" He asked, and the little girl began to babble, which made you laugh. You weren't the only one laughing, since Toji was also listening.

-

"So... It's been a while." You began as Megumi, who sat across, looked at the menu. He just hummed, not bothering to say anything. It was like you were back at square one with him, although you couldn't blame him.

"I'm not going to circle around the bush. I know that you're mad at me." You were quick to say, and he shook his head.

"I've told you this a million of times, Megumi, lying is not good." You told him. "It'd actually be weird if you weren't mad."

"What do you mean?" He tilted his head.

"I left you. I had my reasons but I still left you for three years." You answered. "And I want things to be perfectly fine but I know they can't be. We had a very special bond but I still left you, and I will always hate myself for that."

"I- I guess I'm not exactly happy." He responded, avoiding eye contact. "Because I thought of you as my mom, and I still do whenever I look at you but... it just hurt when you didn't come back."

"Whenever someone would knock on the door, Dad and I would open it hoping it was you. We always hoped that you had decided to come back. I always wondered why you left, and thought that I had done something wrong. That you had left because of me." He revealed, looking down at the table.

"I'm sorry, Megumi. I really wish I could've taken you with me. But just know that you and Tsumiki were never the cause of me leaving. I love you two so much." You apologized.

"I get that now. I understand why my dad would always come to open the door with me, and why he cried when you left." He said. "And I know that Mimi is my little sister, and I love her but I'm jealous. She got so much of your love while I was left looking around for it."

"Megumi..." You began to tear up. You got up and sat in the booth, right next to him. You hugged him, and he was quick to hug you back "You and Misumi can have all of my love. I know what I did was fucked up, but I hope that one day you'll be able to see me as your mother again."

"It's alright, mom. I understand the situation better now."