𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

~✧~

Taraphina's eyes half opened and then quickly closed again. Her head ached more than anything, the soft yellowish lights that illuminated the corridor only increasing her pain. Inside her head she felt a constant droning that wouldn't go away. The floor was cold under her left side, but she thought she felt something warm on her head. Slowly she tried to open her eyes again and to ignore the increased pain. All she wanted was to sleep in her bed, to sleep and never wake up again. She just wanted to escape this world and all its problems.

After lying on the floor for a moment to gather some strength, she began to lift herself up. Slowly and with all her strength she managed to force her body to get up, first by lifting her upper body. Immediately the young girl had to force herself to stare at the floor for a moment, as a horrible dizziness suddenly plagued her; everything was spinning.

When she opened her eyes again and continued to stare at the floor, she was startled. There was blood, a large puddle of red blood. She drew in the air and then let out a shaky breath. 'Could this be her blood?" she asked herself.

Carefully, she reached her right hand to the back of her head, where she also thought she could feel a warm sensation. Sure enough, she saw the red colour of blood on her palm as she brought her hand back to her eyes.

"Taraphina," she suddenly heard a familiar voice call her name.

Startled, she quickly turned her head to the direction from which she heard her name. Immediately the shape of the person became blurred. But after a moment of focus she could  look into the bright blue eyes of her brother, Abraxas.

"Brax," she croaked exhaustedly, forcing a small smile despite the pain. Abraxas immediately came to Tara's side and supported her body weight with his arms, muscled from playing Quidditch all day.

"What happened Tara?" he asked, his concern for her clearly out as he tightened her hold around her waist a little.

"I don't know," Taraphina replied quietly, dropping wearily against her brother. She knew she was safe with him; he would always protect her.

"It's okay," Abraxas said immediately, giving her a small smile. He was aware of her poor condition and wanted to give her the time she needed to recover before questioning her further.

Taraphina returned the small smile and tried to soothe the worries that were clearly visible in his eyes. Thanking Taraphina's small gesture, he lifted her into his arms and pressed a warm kiss to her forehead. Tara relaxed against his chest.

"Let's get you to the infirmary then," he murmured, turning away from the path to the Slytherin common room.

"No, please don't," Taraphina interrupted him immediately, her eyes wide and her expression pleading.

Abraxas stopped in shock and looked at her questioningly, "Why not Tara?" he began, "You never had a problem going to the Healers before, did you?"

Taraphina sighed, she didn't knew how she should explain Abraxas her reasons, "I know, but please I just want to sleep. It doesn't even hurt anymore."

Abraxas chuckled wryly for a moment, "Tara you hit the back of your head, it's very worrying when you say it doesn't even hurt anymore."

"Brax please," the injured witch pleaded, "Please just take me to my room and let me sleep."

"This is ridiculous, Tara. I'm taking you to the infirmary now, unless you give me one good reason why I shouldn't."
Taraphina closed her eyes and let her head fall against his upper arm, whimpering. She didn't want to go to the infirmary, surely the healer would know about the lose of her magic or the ritual wich was probably the main reason why her body was so weak.