𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝕾𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓

~✧~

The snow enveloped the cityscape like a soft feather blanket. Footprints adorned the magnificent artwork that recurs every year. The air of London's streets smelled of warm biscuits and dreamy Christmas carols could be heard everywhere.

Chopped arm in arm, Tom Marvolo Riddle and his precious treasure Taraphina Malfoy walked through the festively decorated alleys of the Muggle world, wrapped in warm cloaks. The air was cold and turned their cheeks and noses a little red, but Taraphina in particular was not about to complain, as it had taken her enough time to persuade Tom to run a few errands with her on Christmas Eve. The two had already been on the road for a few hours and had ticked off almost all the items on Taraphina's list, for now all that was missing was suitable clothing for the brunette to wear to the emergency family ball.

Tom had to admit to himself that he wasn't really keen on the idea at first, but when he had noticed how taken Meredith and her husband were with his behaviour as he and Taraphina said goodbye, he was able to muster up a little sympathy for the hours ahead.

They walked for another ten minutes through the alley with numerous shops along the side. Taraphina stopped at least at every second one and took a look in the shop window. Tom politely asked several times if she wanted to go inside one of the shops. But Tara just shook her head each time. Sighing, they both continued down the narrow alley until Taraphina spotted a hidden little boutique with everything a girl's heart could possibly desire. Tom immediately noticed the young witch's dreamy, covetous look and pushed her towards the shop door with one hand on her lower back.

Upon entering, a small bell jingled above the door and immediately the two were greeted by a slightly older lady, "Hello dear ones, can I be of assistance or would you just like to look around for now?"

Tara was too overwhelmed by all the clothes to answer the nice old lady. Tom smiled in response and replied, "Thank you, we can manage for now."

The old lady nodded and then went to do some paperwork behind her checkout counter. Taraphina, meanwhile, strolled through the winding shop and found that around every corner one dress was revealed more beautiful than the next. She had truly found a goldmine. Gingerly, she stroked the fabric of a particularly stand-out dress. It was a long dress, fitted to the waist, made of a lilac fabric with lots of sparkling beaded details. It had no real straps, merely ruffles through that came up the arms but would do nothing to hold the dress up. In summary, the dress was just perfect for tonight, elegant and daring in a perfect mix.

Tom reached over Taraphina's small form to retrieve the long dress from the clothes rail. With a thankful kiss on the cheek, Taraphina took the dress from his hand and then disappeared into one of the large dressing rooms. Tom sat down on one of the chairs next to a large mirror hanging on the wall and waited patiently until Tara came out of the dressing room again. He would never be able to understand how Tara could be so crazy about special ball gowns, but presumably she could just as little understand his so incredibly strong love of dark magic.

As the curtain opened, Tom started at the young girl with his mouth slightly open. She looked simply stunning and that despite the fact that her hair and make-up hadn't even been done yet.

The witch bit her lower lip uncertainly as she saw Tom's devouring gaze on her.

"What do you think Riddle?" she asked almost a little uncertainly as she waited impatiently for his answer.

Tom stood up and walked over to her, "You look perfect darling, like the fucking elite."

Taraphina giggled, "I'm the fucking elite too, aren't I?"