𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞-𝕿𝖜𝖔

~✧~

The last days of school felt more horrible than ever for the Malfoy children. Normally they were happy to go home, they were happy to just switch off and have a break from all the exams, but this year that was not the case. It probably felt even more horrible for Abraxas than it did for Taraphina, because these were his last days of school ever at Hogwarts. He had passed all his exams and now it was time to say goodbye to the great castle he called home as much as his childhood home. Both were home in a different way. His parents' house was his home because he was born there, but Hogwarts became a home because he found the security there that he longed for so much. Now that his mother had passed away, it only made things harder for him, because he didn't want to go back to a big house that was already empty, but only became emptier within a day. He already knew that he would be stared at by dozens of effigies of his mother in every room and there was no way he could cope. Besides, he had made up his mind to be there for Taraphina, because she would only break even more as soon as she saw even one of the pictures. He knew that she had gotten on much better with her mother before she passed away, so now he wanted to help her; pull the sharp fangs out of her heart. She should no longer carry around this heart weighing tons, but simply let herself go, cry until no more tears flowed. After all, he needed her in this difficult time, just as much as she needed him.

"Abraxas?" the blond boy winced, "Mhh, yeah," he replied, a little puzzled.

"Louis just asked something, man," Theodore said, patting him on the back. They all knew how down Abraxas was at the moment and so they did their best to cheer him up somehow.

"Oh, what did he ask," Abraxas replied, almost a little embarrassed.

"He asked you who you were taking to the prom," Samuel interjected briefly and then sipped his coffee cup again, he just wasn't a morning person.

"Maybe I'll ask Katy," he considered and then shrugged.

"Not your little blonde friend," Theo echoed with a grin.

Abraxas' pupils widened, "Oh yes, I'll ask her first."

"You haven't thought about it yet have you Brax?" replied Leo with an encouraging smile.

"God no, I haven't," he admitted, rubbing both hands over his face.

"I suppose you don't know then that the only Katy you could go out with without looking like a pedophile is going to the Grifendor house," Theo stated.

The blond-haired buried his face in his hands even further, exhausted.

Leo tried to cheer him up by giggling, "Well, there is still the question of which is the greater evil. You'll get a lifelong bad reputation either way, it's a question of which you'd rather listen to."

"That's true," Theo also chuckled but fell silent again after a moment, "Ej jo is that Tara?"

Abraxas looked up briefly and stated, "Yes it is."

"Wow you both look incredibly miserable."

"Thank you," Abraxas replied merely sarcastically. He knew they were right though, both had the same deep craters under their eyes, though Taraphina's were probably worse, for the sloppily blended concealer edges revealed that she had at least made a rudimentary attempt to get ready for the last day of classes. She flopped down on the long wooden bench opposite Abraxas next to Theodore. Her hair was tousled and her reddish eyes stood out from her pale face along with the dark circles under her eyes.

"How did you sleep Tar?" asked Leo curtly.

The brunette shook her head and muttered a curt, "Not at all."