𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕾𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

~✧~

The next morning Taraphina awoke to silence and darkness; alone in her brother's dormitory and that of his friends. After last night, she couldn't help but comply with her brother's request. Besides, she too was reluctant to be alone, without him and perhaps, Leo, Louis, Theodore and Samuel, too.

It didn't bother anyone that not a word was spoken yesterday, neither by Tara or Abraxas, nor by Leo or Theodore. Everyone just enjoyed each other's presence and drew strength from it. For once again Tom proved, what he was capable of and why he should be feared. He was a psyopath, everyone agreed, at least everyone who had seen his darkest side.

Taraphina straightened up and swung her legs over the edge of the bed. Surprisingly, the young witch was not plagued by dizziness or too much of a headache. Carefully, she crept across the room towards the window to open the curtains so that some light could illuminate the room.

When the room was illuminated with a greenish light, the brown-haired girl made her way to the bathroom to freshen up and put on new clothes that she had brought the night before.

She stared into the dull eyes of her reflection for a moment and looked at the dark bags below her eyes. She looked terribly exhausted, it would probably be a while before she could fabricate magic again.

Despite this, she took her wand with her as she made her way out of the room. All the students were still in class, so Tara decided to have a nice morning at the Black Lake and then visit the Thestrals. She wanted to recover and not only physically but also mentally....

~✧~

The evening came faster than Tara had wanted it to. She was still leaning against a tree by the black lake, enjoying the sunset that presented Hogwarts from its most beautiful sides. She let the last rays of the day's sun tickle her skin as she cuddled into her blanket, which was becoming more and more necessary as the temperatures grew cooler.

A short time later, complete darkness fell, allowing Tara to watch the stars in a cloudless sky.

"Have you been out here all day?" a familiar voice suddenly asked Tara. The girl was until that moment lost in thought, watching the sky and did not appear to have registered this presence.

Tara raised her head in shock and then straightened into a sitting position, "Theodore! How long have you been standing there?" she had asked, to which Theodore had only chuckled.

"Not long," he replied simply and approached Tara. When he was in front of her, he held out his hand so that Tara could take it. Then, without much effort, he pulled her to her feet and took her hand in both of his.

"Your hand is freezing, have you been out here all day?" he inquired.

Tara merely nodded in response. Theodore rubbed his hands against hers to give her a little warmth, "Let's go inside, it's getting late and you should take it easy," he said.

"But I can do that out here too," Tara replied with a smile, whereupon Thehodore merely rolled his eyes, he too was familiar with these traits of the young witch, which was why he simply dragged her along with him to avoid discussion.

Tara followed him quietly, her rejoinders would be of no use to her now. Besides, tomorrow was a day on which she could only enjoy nature and she could do that without any contact with her fellow human beings, because they had to attend classes. Tara had to admit that this was really an advantage of the 'friendship' with Tom, he could easily give her a few days off from class and she really needed a few days off, Tom was right with that point. He probably didn't see that she needed these days of rest from his ways, but at least he could see that she was at the end of her tether.