𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞-𝕾𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓

~✧~

When the four wizards arrived at a small harbour where only a dozen ships were moored, the sun was already stretching towards the horizon again and dispersing the darkness. The small ship that Tom and his captain had hired was already swaying gently in the water. Even in the poor light conditions, it could be seen that the paint had already peeled off extensively and the small ship seemed to have had its best days.

"I don't know how we're going to survive this," Taraphina murmured quietly as they came to a stop in front of the ship. Tom looked over at her questioningly, "You see what the ship looks like, don't you?" raked Taraphina, pointing to one of the large rust stains.

Tom smirked, "Yes, I see it, but the captain has assured me that the good pearl will take us safely across the sea."

Tara tilted her head, "Why do I get the feeling you never talked to the captain. I find it hard to imagine that you could have persuaded someone to ship four teenagers across the sea to catch a mermaid."

"What kind of insinuations are those dear, of course I talked to the captain?"

"Manipulating Tom with magic doesn't count."

"Dear he knows we're chasing a mermaid. I didn't even have to manipulate him, he was more than willing to accompany us."

Tara raised a brow suspiciously.

"Harvey told me about the captain and his obsession with seeing a real mermaid."

"Oh how interesting, who knows what other useful knowledge the man would have had," Taraphina replied, "Just too bad you killed him."

Tom rolled his eyes, "You know why I did it, so you better not question my decisions."

Taraphina was about to retort but Theodore's objection stopped her, "Please let it go Tar, we're going on a dangerous mission and it's important that we're all in our right minds. I don't think now is the best time for an argument between you two."

Tom grinned and took out the plank nearby at the Steck. He placed it between the boat and the plug and then marched onto the ship himself, but not without turning to Tara once more , "You heard the boy 'Tar' don't even argue with me, you better help me right now if I ask you. I'm only doing this for your sake."

Now it was the witch who rolled her eyes and sighed. She knew he was right. That was why she had made up with him again last night, but still there was some tension between them. She appreciated his hard work. He put in so much effort just for her, put so much diligence into his extra work. He was losing sight of his real goal, to stand against the Muggles and blood traitors, and only because he cared so much about her; since Meredith's death even more than before. Taraphina simply blamed her anger outburst from yesterday on the lack of sleep that still plagued her, but she still felt a little guilty. He helped her and she acted snippy and defiant over and over again. It was only yesterday that she had understood that she needed to show more gratitude to Tom, because it was not a matter of course that he stayed and helped. He did it because he needed her by his side, he had said so himself last night and had clouded Taraphina's mind with these simple words. She was glad that he now continued to show his easy-going nature, not only around her, but also while Leo and Theodore were present. Somehow his easy-going manner helped her to relax and stay calm herself, and hopefully be focused enough in what she was doing.

With a sigh, Taraphina also entered the run-down ship with Theodore and Leo. They watched closely as Tom and the captain greeted each other. The two seemed quite familiar. Both seemed happy and excited at the same time; eager to see what the next few days would bring.