𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝕿𝖜𝖔

~✧~

"To Slytherin!"

"To Slytherin," everyone else roared in agreement.

Glasses clinked and alcohol spilled over glass rims and dripped onto the floor. Everyone finished their glasses in one go.
As soon as everyone had toasted each other, the music began to play loudly, strong and loud yelps rang out.

Tom stood casually leaning against the wall with one hand in his pocket while he held a glass of golden brown whisky with the other, sipping it every now and then. He took in Taraphina's perfect body in that gorgeous black dress with a free back. She was talking to the girls who had been Aurora's friends not long ago. Since Taraphina had announced, thanks to his help, that Aurora was only a half-blood, no one wanted to have anything to do with her. However, Tara was becoming more and more popular; Tom enjoyed watching his precious treasure finally gain the respect she deserved from everyone. It wasn't that she hadn't been shown respect before, but the problem was that she was getting too much respect. Of course, that was his fault, after all, everyone knew that they had better not harm a hair on her head; she was under his protection and she will be until the end of eternity. But that's why no one dared to talk to her and really get to know her, too afraid of what Tom might do to them if they said the wrong thing. It was only since that evening that at least a sympathy seemed to have formed between the girls. Even Aurora shouldn't be able to put anything in the way of Tara's happiness, she was now lying in the infirmary for the time being, as Tom had tested a spell on her that was probably too strong, which erased her thoughts of the evening and also cost her quite a bit of strength.

The Slytherin headboy watched as Tara trotted up to him, smiling, and gave him a kiss on the cheek. It was strange how she acted, but she seemed to have changed her attitude towards him a lot since last night. She seemed to have realised what he had known for much longer; she was ill, not physically but psychologically. It was not normal to get satisfaction from being beaten and even less normal to get pleasure from killing, but she did it. Still, he wasn't going to complain about their current relationship with each other, peace between them made some things easier.

"Can we my love?", Tom interrupted Tara's flow of thoughts as she looked dreamily into his dark eyes.

He had to grin as she lowered her gaze to the floor and bit seductively on her lower lip.

'Don't act so innocent darling, as if your plan wasn't obvious enough,' Tara startled and looked at him with wide eyes. He had merely been talking in her head, just through his thoughts. Unsure what to make of it, she nodded in agreement; she too often forgot that he was capable of it. On the night of the party, this ability was very helpful, but even so, the young girl feared that it could quickly become a distraction or worse.

As Tom pushed himself off the wall and drained the rest of his glass in one large gulp, Tara began to follow him. Much like the gentleman he pretended to be, he waited for the brunette and put one arm against her lower back while still carrying the whisky glass with his left.

They strolled through the crowd until they spotted Abraxas, Theodore and the rest of the group.

As soon as the group also caught sight of Tom with his hand on Taraphina's back, astonishment reigned for the first time. 'Since when had Taraphina been so good to Tom again?" they wondered. But when Tom raised an eyebrow questioningly, they quickly digressed from that thought; all their facial expressions seemed to have betrayed them.

"Can we go to the Slugdinner now?" asked the rising most powerful wizard of all time with a somewhat annoyed undertone.

"Of course," Theodore replied immediately and rose from the black couch. The rest of the group did the same and together the group of seven left the common room of Slytherin House on their way to Professor Slughorn, who had quite spontaneously called a dinner to celebrate the Slytherin Quidditch victory; even the first official one of the school year, as the first one had to be cancelled due to illness.