𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕾𝖎𝖝𝖙𝖞-𝕿𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊

~✧~

Her throat was dry. She had been screaming for hours. Her skin was slashed in some places with a sharp dagger and in others the dagger was sunk into her body up to the hilt. Her organs were injured and her bones were beaten until they broke under the force of the blade. Her dress, soaked with blood, was nothing more than a scrap of cloth covering her most intimate part.  Her weight was covered with sweat and blood ran down her lips.

When her lungs were punctured, blood had begun to pool in them and with each cough it ran up her throat and down her lips. She felt like she was suffocating.

The pain she was feeling had never been suffered by anyone before. Anyone who had suffered these wounds would already be dead. She didn't know how to feel about her gift at the moment. On the one hand, it was the reason why she was still alive, but on the other hand, she didn't want to feel anything anymore. Never again. She just wanted to be able to close her eyes and be sure to escape the pain. But she knew if she closed her eyes, she would soon wake up again and her body would be recovered enough to endure all the torture again. It was a cycle she herself could not break out of. The one who had the medallion had all power over her. Her father was the one she wanted to kill because of it, but could not. A true anger arose in her because of this. She wanted to have hope that Tom would come for her soon, but she didn't really believe in this dream idea. If Ivikalis had the medallion, on the one hand he would also be his prisoner or death. Neither helped her any.

She choked on the blood as the chains holding her from the ceiling in an uncomfortable position suddenly began to glow. The dark iron turned orange and her skin sizzled with contact at her wrists, ankles and back.

Someone threw a bucket of water on her and alongside her screams, a hissing sounded in the room. The steam of water drifted upwards and her whole body jerked before finally realising it could not escape the pain.

She could no longer feel her body where the chains ran along. Little wonder when she looked at the red, chipped skin on her wrists and smelled the cooked flesh. It was too much and time to close her eyes. She almost choked again on her own spit mixed with a large amount of blood. She realised she couldn't fight it any longer and went numb in her chains. The tips of her hair touched the bloody ground and swayed slightly through the red puddle.

~✧~

"Take her heart out," she heard a voice. She flinched as a blade pierced her ribcage and a cut was made just short of her intimate area. She was still too weak to fight back, still hanging in the chains and just an hour ago she was left in silence. She had to admit she was surprised that she was already awake again, but still she would have loved to remain unconscious so as not to feel the pain.

Two leather gloves brushed along beside the two sides of the incision, folding the skin and muscle covering them out of the way to reveal the wild array of intestines and organs in her belly. She hardly felt anything else on her body except the pain coming from the big cut. She tried to open her eyes to find out what they were doing to her but gave up with a whimper when she felt the knife at the level of her heart and then at the level of her stomach. Suddenly she felt a tugging she didn't even know if in the lower or upper region of her body, but then her body lost all strength. It became numb and lost warmth. She was gutted like a fish.

~✧~

"You know what I find more than strange?"

"No what?" asked Ivikalis, turning to the one in black cloak on his right. The clang of a knife could be heard in the background.

"I was once told that she was much more vulnerable in her human form than in her panther form..."

"It was the same with Mira."