𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕾𝖎𝖝𝖙𝖞-𝕾𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓

~✧~

Taraphina had already been lying awake for an hour in the familiar bed, which only contained the faint scent of Tom's cologne. She was in his room, but he had apparently not spent the night with her. She wondered how she could face him again. She knew she had disappointed him even more at the moment when he was already disappointed in her. She had fallen for a simple trap set by her father because she could not differentiate between true and false in his words. She wanted to hear lovely things from her parents and in the process had put aside those who had done more for her than her biological family. She hated herself for her decision, but still longed for expectant familial love.

Time passed in silence, she tugged uncertainly at the sleeves of her white nightgown that Tom had too rather surely slipped over her that very evening; despite his anger and disappointment.

The door lock snapped open, but her position with her back to the entrance meant that she could not see who was entering. She only listened as heavy footsteps came up to her bed and someone sat down beside her on the edge of the bed.

"How are you little sister?"

She was reassured that it was not Tom who came to her first.

Sighing, she sat up and turned to the blond boy, "I feel miserable," she confessed and slumped against her big brother.

Carefully he put his arms around her and let his chin rest on her head, "It's okay."

She sighed again, "No it's not. I doubted his trust and it was only because of my desire for unconditional love from my father, one of the most terrible wizards ever."

"You know I've always approved of you not trusting him completely blindly."

"I know."

"The general circumstances in which you doubted him may be ridiculous to him, but I am quite sure by now that he will forgive you. He has done so many bad things to you and you have still been able to forgive him. I'm sure he can forgive you too."

Tara felt the tense fists close to her body, she was aware that Abraxas was still not very well disposed towards Tom, but there seemed to be some improvement. A lot had changed since the oath.

"I'm afraid to see him again."

"Justified," Abraxas admitted, "But don't assume the worst, as well as you can read Tom, I'd say he blames your father more for your little betrayal than you. He knows how strong and powerful your father is and how good he is at mmanipulating, Ivikalis had always been good at that."

"Do you think I fell for him and he just handed me empty promises like on a silver platter?"

"It's possible, that's probably what Tom thinks is most likely."

"Oh God, I'm so stupid," moaned the young witch.

"You may have been, but remember that here neither I, nor Tom, nor anyone else blames you. Mistakes are human and we've all fallen for the stupidest things."

-

Tom had waited all day for her to arrive at his study, but so far she had not come. He seemed to be waiting in vain, but he also didn't want to be the first to approach her. She had started the mistake and disappointed him and aroused his anger; the one he least expected it from.

He threw himself into work to distract himself, planned all his plans more precisely once more through began experimenting with new potion mixtures.

He carefully added siren blood to the potion mixture, which was based on the same basic formula as Taraphina's controlling formula. He wanted to know what effect the potion would then have on Taraphina, because he was looking for a way to send her into battle without always having to keep a close eye on her. Three drops of the siren's blood squeezed from a tail fin should be enough to recognise an initial effect, he told himself.