𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞

~✧~

Aurora didn't even seem to realise what she had done to Tara. She had immediately turned her back on her after giving her body a strong jolt and hurried to the outside of the tower.

Quiet as a mouse, Tara stalked up the stairs on the pads of her paws; her teeth bared, ready to attack at any moment. All her senses were intensified in this form, but so were her emotions, which were at war with each other, and by all accounts her anger was winning.

Perfectly camouflaged by the darkness, the dark fur blended in with the dark surroundings. Only the full moon provided some light through the windows and through the open exit to the wooden platform that led once around the top floor of the tower.

The feline predator took her time to perceive her surroundings carefully and to prepare herself for the planned attack on the blonde witch. She didn't see her yet, but she could clearly hear the soft sniffling and sobbing as soon as she reached the top floor.

Continuing, Tara crept out to the wooden platform. On silent paws she crept closer to her victim, her green eyes glinting malevolently. Her entire focus now on Aurora, she stalked a little closer to the unsuspecting girl and then with a mighty leap she set her attack. Her claws extended in the air and her teeth bared even more.

Aurora didn't realise what kind of situation she had gotten herself into until she heard a male voice speak, "Arresto Momentum." The panther started to come towards her a little slower, but not at all as slow as living beings or things to which the spell is usually applied. Then suddenly Tara was struck by a flash of green and flung over the metal railing. The loud splash in the water could be heard clearly over the stillness of the night.

Tears ran down her cheek as she blocked over the railing into the waters of Black Lake in shock.

"What the hell was that?" she muttered as the tall male figure, cloaked in a black cloak, strode up to her.

"Nothing that matters to you," the figure's deep, dark voice answered her as she too watched the panther paddle towards the shore.

"But it- it tried to- attack me," the blonde-haired witch whined, overwhelmed by the situation.

Under the hood, the male figure merely rolled his eyes, "Go to your room ridiculous girl," he ordered.

"Tom?" asked Aurora cautiously, already feeling the tip of a wand against her forehead.

"The one and only," he was still replying as he watched the young girl slump to the floor at his feet.

Without another word, he turned into a black cloud of smoke. Within seconds, he reached the shore of the black lake and transformed back in a flash. Under the hood, a smile crept onto Tom's face as soon as he saw the black cat come ashore soaking wet. He had to admit, it was remarkable that Tara's panther body did not show a single injury. She had just fallen a good twenty metres and her body seemed to have sustained no damage.

Tara growled back at him as soon as she had four paws on solid ground again. She ran towards him and was about to pounce; her claws already extended and ready to tear flesh and muscle.

"Sit," the deep voice vibrated through Tara's bones and a shiver ran through her body. Without really wanting to, she came to an immediate halt and obeyed.

"What a good girl," Tom praised. Tara looked at him with eyes still twinkling wickedly. Her mind was in chaos, she wanted to attack him, after all he had just thrown her into the depths, but on the other hand she also wanted to obey him.

"Tara," Tom warned as he watched her fight with herself in her head and immediately she obeyed. Wide eyes looked at him intently.

Tom couldn't describe how happy he was just then, the most powerful creature according to Professor Slughorn, was listening to his every word; she was fully at his mercy.